Burton Albion (A) (Sat 10th Dec 2022, 2pm KO)

11 hours ago, Rich3478 said:

Don’t really get the drama on this?

seen in Twitter people calling it appalling and shockingly short notice! Seems a bit ott.

i get if you’re at work until 2 maybe on Saturday is annoying? Otherwise not too sure of the issue!

They brought my great great great great great great great Grandfathers execution forward by 1 hour, Hung him they did, 30mins later they received a letter from the judge saying they got the court cases mixed up, And he only had to pay a 1 penny fine for double parking his horse and cart.

Tell that to the Judge ?

12 hours ago, angieram said:

Players, managers, groundstaff, security staff, physios etc etc etc

Not just about the fans.

But they're all getting paid for their inconvenience, like millions of others who had to work while the game was on and I'm that most of those listed would have been able to watch the game whether it's a 2pm or 3pm kick off.

It also doesn't address the ridiculous decision on the timing of the Wednesday game when virtually nobody would have got home for a 3pm kick off, it should have been brought forward to the Friday night, like most of the league one fixtures. I know that would have caused problems for a whole new set of people, but you have to look at the general picture.

4 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

They brought my great great great great great great great Grandfathers execution forward by 1 hour, Hung him they did, 30mins later they received a letter from the judge saying they got the court cases mixed up, And he only had to pay a 1 penny fine for double parking his horse and cart.

Tell that to the Judge ?

What year was that then Alf ?

39 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

What year was that then Alf ?

1588, He got his call up papers to fight the Spanish Armada, Travelled all the way down by horse and cart, He was so excited to become a sailor, Parked up went aboard the Saucy Sue ship, The Captain asks who owns the horse and cart...Jethro my ancestor said it was his, The local militia take him to the assizes,  He got mixed up with some fella who was Gin Running from Jersey, His wife received £10 in compensation and a case of Gin ?

The amount of people I've told this story too and they said...yeh right ? 

28 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

1588, He got his call up papers to fight the Spanish Armada, Travelled all the way down by horse and cart, He was so excited to become a sailor, Parked up went aboard the Saucy Sue ship, The Captain asks who owns the horse and cart...Jethro my ancestor said it was his, The local militia take him to the assizes,  He got mixed up with some fella who was Gin Running from Jersey, His wife received £10 in compensation and a case of Gin ?

Should turn it in to a book ?

9 hours ago, Srg said:

Anyone outraged over moving a game that's less than 30mins away from Derby forward an hour so everybody has an even better chance of catching the England game needs to get out a bit more.

But if they get out a bit more, won't they miss the big match?  ?

8 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

People never believe my story either Alf.

I am directly descended from Utto the ox eater who was driven out of ancient Derventio after an unfortunate incident at Markeaton involving Earl Curzon of Kedlestone's wife whilst parked up in an ox drawn cart. My ancestor was forced to flee across the border and found sanctuary in the leafy glade below the ridge of the Dove and founded a settlement we now call Uttoxeter.

Try telling the youngsters of today eh mate!

On 28/07/2019 at 11:33, uttoxram75 said:

Uttoxeter is in the Domesday book as Wotocheshede which is Anglo Saxon for "Wot's homestead on the Heath".

I was about 20 before I realised the version my uncle told me was a wind up, for years I thought it was named after "Utto the ox eater" ?

We've only waited 3 years for more details on this story. 

Episode 3 due in 2025?

8 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I am directly descended from Utto the ox eater who was driven out of ancient Derventio after an unfortunate incident at Markeaton involving Earl Curzon of Kedlestone's wife whilst parked up in an ox drawn cart. My ancestor was forced to flee across the border and found sanctuary in the leafy glade below the ridge of the Dove and founded a settlement we now call Uttoxeter.

10 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

The young uns don't know what we've learned from our past aye.

I used to run a pub in Spondon way back before it was knocked down and houses built there, Maybe you had a drink in there one day, It was called the...Yarn spinner ?

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Will be devastated if the game is off. Hordes of Derby fans deprived of visiting the greatest town in the world.

Still going anyway plenty of nice pubs to visit.

Last Heretic is my choice game or no game and they accept away fans.

Train back home to watch England in the World Cup.

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Will be devastated if the game is off. Hordes of Derby fans deprived of visiting the greatest town in the world.

We’ll I googled it and apparently Cheltenham is the best town in England, now I’m wondering why they don’t let Derby fans in as I’ve already booked an hotel for January.??‍♂️

44 minutes ago, cstand said:

Still going anyway plenty of nice pubs to visit.

Last Heretic is my choice game or no game and they accept away fans.

Train back home to watch England in the World Cup.

It might struggle to fit everyone in, even with a smaller than usual away following!

Still, with the Coopers, Roebuck, Devonshire and Weighbridge pretty much on the same road, there's plenty of alternatives.

Have we had a squad fitness update? It feels as if players are coming back, such as Knight, Davies and Roberts. My take:

Wildsmith

Smith     Davies     Cashin     Forsyth

Knight      Sibley      Bird     Barkhuizen

McGoldrick

Collins

Subs: Foulkes  Roberts  Thompson  Hourihane  Mendez-Laing  Dobbin  Osula