Portsmouth (A) Fri 18th Nov 2022

6 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

This is all under the caveat that hes young, probably has been fast tracked ahead of time and is still very much learning the game, developing and gorwing as a player

but i truly dont know where his best position is.

i dont think hes strong enough for the middle of the park and unlike knighty at a similar age doesnt have that drive or same ability to carry us up the pitch.

im not sure if hes quick enough for the wide births and beating a man obviously isnt his game.

as i say time is on his side clearly just some early thoughts on him.

I would dare to suggest he plays best as a No 10, and may well perform well playing alongside or near to a Collins type or a McGoldrick type.

Warne either feels he has no option at the moment than to use Sibley to fill gaps, pr he sees the lad’s potential, but is playing him in different roles to develop other areas of his game to make him a more all-round player.

Me supporting him is from a desire for at least one player not have his potential wasted by playing him out of position or on the bench, especially when we are crying out for a player who can do what Sibley does. We have a history of doing that, with the way we failed to use Georgi Kinkladze, Will Hughes and Lee Holmes.

Georgi was late on in his career when he came to us, but we still wasted what he could do. And like Lee Holmes, Sibley may never “get there”, but if that is because of how we mishandled him, then it will be a big shame.

18 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

I would dare to suggest he plays best as a No 10, and may well perform well playing alongside or near to a Collins type or a McGoldrick type.

Warne either feels he has no option at the moment than to use Sibley to fill gaps, pr he sees the lad’s potential, but is playing him in different roles to develop other areas of his game to make him a more all-round player.

Me supporting him is from a desire for at least one player not have his potential wasted by playing him out of position or on the bench, especially when we are crying out for a player who can do what Sibley does. We have a history of doing that, with the way we failed to use Georgi Kinkladze, Will Hughes and Lee Holmes.

Georgi was late on in his career when he came to us, but we still wasted what he could do. And like Lee Holmes, Sibley may never “get there”, but if that is because of how we mishandled him, then it will be a big shame.

Sibley suufers from a lack of ability to shield the ball and twist or turn a defender . Look at McGoldrick no pace but full of ball control, shields it so well & absorbs defenders who try to knock him off the ball.

29 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Sibley suufers from a lack of ability to shield the ball and twist or turn a defender . Look at McGoldrick no pace but full of ball control, shields it so well & absorbs defenders who try to knock him off the ball.

Sibley also needs to have more composure on the ball. He's a player who is good when he is running with the ball but he doesn't seem to get his head up and pass.

4 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

McGoldrick has 3 things on Sibley. 1. More skill. 2. Fifteen years more experience 3. More strength and bodyweight

So no wonder he is better at stopping defenders taking it off him

Sibley needs basic skills upgrade and by now he should be showing his is learning to be better. He seems more fussed about his hair?

On 19/11/2022 at 16:42, Gerry Daly said:

McGoldrick has 3 things on Sibley. 1. More skill. 2. Fifteen years more experience 3. More strength and bodyweight

So no wonder he is better at stopping defenders taking it off him

Yeah but apart from that