Portsmouth (A) Fri 18th Nov 2022

6 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

We are all critical of players that don't perform to what we believe they can.

Sibley is a player that frustrates, In the 1st 5mins he's running down the wing into the corner and easily shrugged off the ball, Having got there there should have been a better product.

His get out of jail free card is that he's being played out of position and we have to accept that if that's where Warne needs him to play then there will be more instances of posters including me where we try to give a fair balance of opinion.

Sibley has been in and out of the team for 3 years now, He needs to show a little more composure and think while on his feet not when he's on his backside.

There's a good player there...?‍♀️, But come January I think he'll be down the pecking order and will be a permanent bench warmer...imo   

Agree entirely.

as u say.. there is a player in there.. but that can happen with so many players . That player doesnt develope. Fortunately for louis time is on his side but truth be told he doesnt have any singular outstanding asset that puts him ahead of many in the role for a first team spot.

i mean if everyone is fit and available he isnt starting is he. 

i think warne will also look to bring in others that are either more powerful or quicker or that give us more obvious attributes 

Edited by NottsRam77

3 hours ago, SKRam said:

At 3.10 you’ll notice Boris busy these days as a groundsman. Cheeky few quid on the side 

Thought Warne said lots of good things and it’s touching that he has a lot of love for Fozzie. 

But he’ll have had a kicking when he got home (at 3am). If you’re going on a break to the beach, DO NOT  say ‘I’m taking the dog ... and my wife’.  The dog won’t mind 

2 minutes ago, Bluebazooka said:

Great turnout from you lot last night. 

Quite enjoyed the game to be honest, thought both teams played some decent football. 

Both teams are suffering from injuries to key players, so I'd expect us both to remain firm play off contenders when key players return. 

Good luck for the rest of the season, see you all at Wembley! 

Yeah I enjoyed the game too, considering it was a 0-0 with not many shots on target, it was just a proper game of football between two fully committed teams in front of a great atmosphere from both sets of fans. Both teams can and will play better, and both can and will play worse. Fair result all round.

8 hours ago, Blondest Goat said:

Good point all things considered.   

Has anyone else noticed how poor we are at keeping possession from throw in though?  Really becoming my pet hate and needlessly put us under pressure a few times tonight.

We haven’t controlled the ball from a throw in since Paul Goddard left !

16 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Thanks for a damascene moment. Just had a dazzling realisation that the main reason for retiring was being asked once too often by HR what success ‘looked like’. 

Ha ha - many times during performance reviews asked what you want to achieve - answer- survival - always makes them make something up 

Good game. Solid point, especially given the injuries. Pleasing to see us mix it up more but still feel we look to go long more often than needed, Cashin certainly did this a few times.

McGoldrick, looks so casual and effortless yet excellent, a shame we had him isolated too often.

As for Sibley, only his second yellow in the league. Playing in a position that really doesn't suit him but he is doing what the manager asks. Again like his last match, thought he was much better second half, having been rather exposed first half. This is his longest run in the team since Cocu and he hasn't had the same position! He might not progress to the player we hoped, but he hasn't had much chance to show it. Support him!!

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Still a tad disappointed with Forsyth and Cashin last night 

I had them both for the first goal scorer - Forsyth at 25/1 and Cashin at 40/1 - some serious money to be made on that pair because they get into position to score goals 

You might also lose money betting on them too……how many goals have they got between them this season ?

I really enjoyed last night. Fratton Park is a proper football ground, the locals were noisy, great atmosphere. I thought we played some decent stuff - considering the gruelling run of fixtures and the injury list, we played some very decent stuff. A very good point on the road.

Hats off to McGoldrick. A classy performance and I don’t know how he lasted 87 minutes after playing a full game on Tuesday.

13 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Still a tad disappointed with Forsyth and Cashin last night 

I had them both for the first goal scorer - Forsyth at 25/1 and Cashin at 40/1 - some serious money to be made on that pair because they get into position to score goals 

Pity they can't hit a barn door.  Fair play to Cash for being the one to get the chances but I can't help wishing they would fall to someone who occasionally hit the target.

Edited by Blondest Goat

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Compared with the rest of the team, he did a lot of good stuff, and very little bad stuff.

Pass success rate higher than Dobbin,  Wildsmith, Stearman, Rooney and Collins.

1 key pass, bettered by only Hourihane, Bird and Cashin.

1 of only 2 players to have a shot on target 

1 successful dribbles, bettered by only Tommo and McGoldrick 

Dispossessed only once (Smith 3)

3 unsafe touches (Tommo also 3)

Most tackles out of the Derby team

5th most clearances

Only 1 foul. Hourihane (2), Smith (2), Collins (3)

We had a few clear cut chances and one of the better ones bar Didzy was Sibley bursting into the box. I kept hoping we'd see him played further forward, but he's doing a job relatively well and hopefully learning new skills. 

2 hours ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

A point away from home, against a fellow play off team, after a gruelling run of games, with a horrible Friday night KO. Yep, I’ll take that. 

Oh, and half the team out injured. Yep, defo take that 

For me we were the team looking most likely to score too, on a luckier night - when Fozzy knew where his feet were! - we'd have had all three points. #COYR

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

For me we were the team looking most likely to score too, on a luckier night - when Fozzy knew where his feet were! - we'd have had all three points. #COYR

I think he knew where his feet were, It was just trying to get them in the right position when the ball fizzed to him, Looks a simple tap in...?‍♀️, Just that I reckon it was unexpected and his reaction was...well a miss ?