Portsmouth (A) Fri 18th Nov 2022

That was a pretty professional performance.

Lots of honest endeavour, good defending and occasional good football.

Thought the midfield three did well for an hour then got a bit tired.

McGoldrick playing up front with little support. He needs one of the younger lads so his guile can free their pace.

Overall pleased with that and would have accepted a draw before the game given our injuries and recent fixture congestion.

Huge effort from the lads and I think we had all the clear cut chances. We missed a couple of sitters and probably should have had a pen too but our defence was excellent tonight. MotM for me was Didzy by a stretch. Oozes quality and so unlucky with that volley.

A good point against a decent outfit after an incredibly gruelling run of games. Happy with that to be fair.

COYR

A solid point. I was surprised with how bad Portsmouth were, in fairness, but still can't grumble at a point away at a side currently above us in the league table. 

A good opportunity for a bit of a rest now, which is absolutely required. Fingers crossed we can get some players back and fresh performance in our next league game against Sheff Wednesday. 

Get Sibley back in midfield. I know it's out of necessity, but he's never looked comfortable in a wide position, nevermind a wide defensive position. 

Just now, Anag Ram said:

That was a pretty professional performance.

Lots of honest endeavour, good defending and occasional good football.

Thought the midfield three did well for an hour then got a bit tired.

McGoldrick playing up front with little support. He needs one of the younger lads so his guile can free their pace.

Overall pleased with that and would have accepted a draw before the game given our injuries and recent fixture congestion.

Agree the effort and endevor was their to a man.

We definitely look a lot more streetwise under warne

we do the basics defensively as team v well with him, just need to work on the other end.. that said if not for a little more luck and rub of the green we could have snuck one second half 

That defensive solidity was both impressive and satisfying .. and two of the back three are young lads. 

the lads worked hard and I thought it was a well contested game. Would love us to have that Curtis. He looked better than I thought he would be.

well done the fans that went - great support as always. 

fair play Pompey fans only fans to out sing us for a year and a half - our fans were still Awesome though 

the lack of a mid week game will be welcome respite for the boys .. hope knight is back soon and NML isn’t out too long ??

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

A solid point. I was surprised with how bad Portsmouth were, in fairness, but still can't grumble at a point away at a side currently above us in the league table. 

A good opportunity for a bit of a rest now, which is absolutely required. Fingers crossed we can get some players back and fresh performance in our next league game against Sheff Wednesday. 

Get Sibley back in midfield. I know it's out of necessity, but he's never looked comfortable in a wide position, nevermind a wide defensive position. 

Our next game is not Sheff Wednesday but a cup match at Newport.