I'm really struggling

Bob The Badger

17 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

This is the hardest message I've ever typed sorry but I need help I'm an alcoholic

Bob please ring this number 0300 123 1110, they close at 8pm.

they will put you in touch with people who will treat you as priority. 

Edited by I DONT MIND

7 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Contact your local AA Bob they will help you. 

Echo this.

You've already made the hardest step, admitting you have a problem.

It's not plain sailing from here on, but you appear to be wanting help posting this so that's a huge positive.

Support is easier when the person is open and willing, not being forced into accepting help.

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

This is the hardest message I've ever typed sorry but I need help I'm an alcoholic

Bob , I’m an alcoholic too , I’ve not drunk in over 25 years

advice ? get yourself to AA you will get great people around you and believe me you can not only stop drinking you can find real happiness in not drinking , at the first stage your at that seems impossible we can’t picture ever being able to live and enjoy life without a few drinks ( it never is for us ) but believe me life gets better every day 

please please pm any time if you need help , advice or an ear 

Edited by Archied

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

Round of applause for a very brave first step. The first step on a journey is always the hardest, but in 5 years time, you’ll be living your best life, and looking back on this moment as a turning point. There’s a long road between here and there, but take it one step at a time, and look after yourself. 

The fact that you are able to admit it in public, is a hugely encouraging sign.  It's sounds like you know things have to change now.

Take all the help you can get now from everyone who offers it, don't be shy about leaning on people for a while.  When you have things under control you'll be there to help others when they need it.  You'll totally be able to do this.  

3 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Having recently had to hold my hand up and ask for help from those close to me (stress & anxiety) I have to admire and applaud the enormity of your testicles for doing this.

It takes a lot of courage and it really shouldn’t have to. 

I hope you get the help you need and very best wishes from me. 

You've made the biggest, scariest, most difficult and most commendable first step by what you have said. Admittance to an addition is the first battle won, hopefully you will go on to win many more. With help from friends, groups and other organisations and the courage you have shown with this will set you on the right path to winning not only battles but the war itself. We're hear to listen even if we cannot directly help you on your road but there is an end to it, keep going down it and you'll get there. Wish you all the best and you're already going in the right direction. 

Did you give that number a call Bob?

If not just take a deep breath and give yourself a team talk. Then take the plunge mate. Be a massive step you've took and then that's done and you just plough forward from then. 

If there's any set backs, pick yourself up and plough on. If it's plain sailing. Plough on. If there's self doubt. Plough on. 

Don't listen to the negative voices in your head that bother all of us. Tell em to feck off. 

He's had a drink! Who gives a feck! His name is Bob and he's on the up! 

Not gonna wish you luck though because you won't need it. Just perseverance no matter how hard the road ahead.