Torquay v Derby (A) Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Nonsense.

Not one of Cashin’s best games and was foolish to be (rightly) sent off but I think the rest of the team must take some responsibility for the poor second half performance. 

You've just confirmed you know nowt about football ?

2-0 and we're coasting, Cashin pulls the player back and concedes a pen then a red card.

5 minutes ago, Crewton said:

It's a cup tie played in tricky conditions which we were dealing comfortably with until Cashin gave the ref a chance to even things up. We didn't manage 10v11 as well as we could have, but we're a hotch-potch of a team equally split between two generations with little in between and don't deserve roasting when we don't perform. 

We're still in the cup as well, though it sounds more like we got knocked out. 

Paul Warne's interview was spot on. 

Tricky conditions yes but part of the criticism is conceding a red card and penalty. Still in the cup but very lucky to be so. The players didn’t do well enough, age shouldn’t be used as an excuse. The second half was woeful. Derby have been down to ten before and not looked so poor. There needs to be proper criticism about this performance and there will be. Not good enough. Liverpool chance to redeem themselves though. 

Edited by TheresOnlyWanChope

Just now, Unlucky Alf said:

You've just confirmed you know nowt about football ?

2-0 and we're coasting, Cashin pulls the player back and concedes a pen then a red card.

And you’ve just proved you didn’t watch the second half. At 2:1 we should have been able to put up more of a contest than that even with 10 men. The penalty and sending off turned the game but we really should have been more competitive.

23 minutes ago, Big Bad Bob said:

Well we can't say it wasn't entertaining! Gone is the sideways sideways back passing. Classic cup game and torquay wanted it more than Derby second half. Hopefully we'll have a good turnout at pride Park and Warne will have them up for the replay. 

I didn't find it entertaining at all.  Wasn't a fan of passing it all around the back but today was equally bad if not worse.   

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It’s a disgusting result. An absolute shambles, but this isn’t a great football team so it isn’t a surprise.

This is the worst Derby County side in the club’s 138 history. We need to acknowledge that and adjust our expectations. 

Don't be ridiculous. Are you twelve? They aren't even the worst derby team this century

3 minutes ago, Loughborough Ram said:

Don't be ridiculous. Are you twelve? They aren't even the worst derby team this century

I’d be surprised if this team doesn’t finish in our lowest ever position, therefore the worst team in our history? How else could you quantify it?

Few points and questions from today. 

The bugle player set the tone for a similar performance from Derby. 

Cashin not at it today even before the red card decision. Not a red card as Forsyth was covering but under some strange rule maybe true. 

Too many poor performances from too many Derby players. 

Had some experience on the pitch to see out that game really. 

Poor subs. Hourihane has been poor for a while. Stearman is finished. Thompson hasn't started,Stop putting him in, Confidence is at zero. 

An extra game we don't need. 

Q. How will the suspension work for Cashin? If he was not suspended for today then surely the cup cannot interfere with the league. 

7 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It’s a disgusting result. An absolute shambles, but this isn’t a great football team so it isn’t a surprise.

This is the worst Derby County side in the club’s 138 history. We need to acknowledge that and adjust our expectations. 

I think you’ve had enough. Put the lid back on the bottle, please.

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

If he had said yes, it would’ve protected Cashin and he would’ve had it rescinded after the game. 

Mmm. I’m not sure about the rules on such matters but I seems unlikely to me that you could tell the ref it was you that committed the offence (when you clearly know it wasn’t) and then hope/expect to get the sending off rescinded. Fozzy’s response was probably the most sensible thing to say in the hope the ref sent him off in error. Either way, if he’d taken one for the team, it may have protected Cashin but we would still have lost a player.