Wildsmith

Kernow

14 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

I don’t think there’s anything in the rules that says you have to be moving

This (below) suggests otherwise. Emphasis added.  I think it’s right that a player is permitted to stand still anywhere on the pitch, excepting offside and set pieces 

What is the obstruction rule in soccer?

Impending the progress of an opponent without contact, that's how FIFA named in the 2020/21 rules the obstruction offense. If a player moves into the opponent's path to block, obstruct, slow down, or force a direction change when the ball is not within playing distance, the foul is called.

7 hours ago, BriggRam said:

Think he has been brilliant....brought in and given the number 1 spot, with all that pressure, he's been outstanding

He’s been ok to be fair but he was an actual experienced goalkeeper when we picked him up but Sheffield Wednesday kept having him on a job share with others so he got a bit fed up and is now getting a regular game without having to move house I suspect 

On 16/10/2022 at 13:19, Gerry Daly said:

Still young for a keeper. He has been a great signing

And that’s the huge bonus. He’s a good keeper who’s going to get better. Done a great job. I think I said in my last match post, you feel secure with him between the sticks. He’s made a handful of difficult and crucial saves as well as the routine stuff. 

• 3 weeks later...

Continues to impress. Not sure what the scope is for contract extensions with the restrictions we’re under but given his age and the strong start to his Derby County career I’d like to see him high on the list for an extension, if and when we can. He can be an asset for the club for a good few years

26 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Faint praise.  Already better than a good keeper.  And it’s not as if he’s had a fabulous defence in front of him all season

Oi ! That’s offside. ! You took a segment from a larger post and ripped the context of that sentence apart.