Wildsmith

Kernow

10 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Not for sale

Hypothetically though. Selling him would make sense if it re-stocked several key areas of the squad. (Assuming ELF allowed us to spend incoming transfer money).

If the dude from West Ham is as good, then we could be no worse off than today when he’s fit?

£4m I think would be a tempter.

Just now, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Hypothetically though. Selling him would make sense if it re-stocked several key areas of the squad. (Assuming ELF allowed us to spend incoming transfer money).

If the dude from West Ham is as good, then we could be no worse off than today when he’s fit?

No

We missed a steady keeper for years now

For be 8m or sodd off.

But I rather keep wildsmith.

47 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Ok VAR is going to give you the benefit of the doubt. In fairness you did say he’s done a great job 

Ok, in the spirit of the season , I withdraw my purple faced call for you to visit spec savers and my vociferous questioning of your knowledge of your parentage ??

Anyway, I think we agree. In summary; he’s class already and can only get better. 

4 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

I don't think there are any savvy buyers out there willing to offer DCFC £4m for any one player. Not with our well documented fragile finances. 

5 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

We be stupid to sell him plus warn likes him.

He's under contract until 2024.

Let's say we don't get promoted this season, Wildsmith carries on in the same vain of form.

With a year left on his contract, I wouldn't be surprised to see Championship interest.

We're limited in what contracts we can give out, so whilst Warne may like to keep Wildsmith, a lot depends on the player and nobody but himself will know where his head is at.

3 hours ago, angieram said:

Wildsmith spent a lot of years hanging around at Sheffield Wednesday getting little to no football.

I don't think he'll be keen to go back to that quickly, tbh. 

As for being number three at a Premier League club, that's a job for a 35 year old.

Exactly this. You can see he's loving finally playing his football, even more than I'm enjoying watching him. He's not about to give that up to go and warm the bench somewhere.

14 hours ago, europia said:

I don't think there are any savvy buyers out there willing to offer DCFC £4m for any one player. Not with our well documented fragile finances. 

What fragile finances? The club's debts have been settled, we are operating within a business plan set out by the EFL, which you would assume is to ensure that the club is run on a break even level with a conservative projected income level for the season. This projected income level would be based on attendances well below the unexpected high level which we are actually having. This figure wouldn't have taken into account 3 tv fees for live FA cup games nor would it have anticipated the bumper income from an away game at Liverpool. In addition to that, the club said that at the end of August, there was still room financially and number wise to increase the squad. within that business plan.

I would think that week to week, Derby are making more money than any other club in this division, ATM. Also, if we can't spend any money coming in from transfers on new players, there is no point in selling any players, only to let the money sit in the bank. The one consideration would be where a player could leave on a free transfer at the end of the season and a decent fee could be agreed in January. But, I'd keep someone like Knight to help with the promotion push, rather than let him go for around a million pounds and for someone like Wildsmith, with a longer contract and arguably a more important player, the fee would have to be much, much higher.

Good shot stopper (Actually much better than i originally thought), not bad at all at coming out for crosses. My only issue with him now is his atrocious kicking. I know its not exactly the first thing a keeper needs to be good at , but there has been countless times from freekicks or goal kicks he has kicked it right out of play. If he can improve on this he is probably prem quality for me.