January Window

1of4

2 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Striker wise I've heard we've looked at and made contact with Waghorn, and Lyle Taylor on short term deals. Bonne is a player who'd id definitely go for but that's pure speculation on my end.  Also talk of Stretton returning but unsure at this point. Also don't believe any loan players will be leaving. Anang seen as a keeper who we want in the summer.  But don't expect many ins or outs this January. With our request for altering the business plan a failure it's a very small market of players we can look at or sign.  Hope you've all had a great Christmas and New Year period!

Lyle Taylor !!!! Florists have an abundance of players that would have a big impact in the lower leagues , and could have a say in what happens from now till the end of the season.

With Osula back at Sheff Utd, and transfer options limited, Macauley Bonne would be a decent signing at this level. Can play as a lone striker or out wide so would be great option.

As a suffolk based Derby supporter I watched him quite a bit last season and he was on fire when Paul Cook was manager scoring about 12 goals by Christmas if memory serves me right.

He's fairly quick, works his nuts off and is good in the air although gets caught offside quite a bit playing on the shoulder of the last defender. At 27 he's at a better age with good lower league experience to do a job for us either as a striker or winger to provide competition/cover for Collins and NML.

36 minutes ago, Franks Tanked said:

With Osula back at Sheff Utd, and transfer options limited, Macauley Bonne would be a decent signing at this level. Can play as a lone striker or out wide so would be great option.

As a suffolk based Derby supporter I watched him quite a bit last season and he was on fire when Paul Cook was manager scoring about 12 goals by Christmas if memory serves me right.

He's fairly quick, works his nuts off and is good in the air although gets caught offside quite a bit playing on the shoulder of the last defender. At 27 he's at a better age with good lower league experience to do a job for us either as a striker or winger to provide competition/cover for Collins and NML.

In that loan spell at Ipswich he scored 1 goal in his last 30 games, making it 12 for the season. He's not scored for QPR all this season. A total Nick Blackman, with a momentary career purple patch. 

If we are now a centre forward short how about - on loan a certain Chris Martin on a reduced wage obviously as Bristol city want him out of the place - we know he can’t run but he can play to the strengths of the others we have and remember it’s the third division we are in. He could just make a real difference to help collins and Mc Goldrick