January Window

1of4

9 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Basically, his mum whinged like f*** about him not getting games.  He played about ten, did ok, got a move back to London and couldn't be arsed.

It's a no from me

Currently on loan to a club in Belgium, 2 goals & 2 assists in 13 games

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

I would welcome back the other youngster that went down saff to the palace mind ?

That was his other job wasn't it.  Announcing Ebioweis move about a month in advance of the season end.  Have those w****** paid for him yet prior to getting there 500 k loan fee for a 5 month move .  Pisses me right off.

2 hours ago, Rich3478 said:

He can go back?! Not a bad player but he’s not going to play centre back. If he can’t get in over sibley at left back then he’s probably not what we need. Could use the loan spot better. And he could go somewhere and get minutes.

Can't help feeling that Roberts will still have a significant part to play.  Scored against MK and hasn't really let us down defensively.   Sibley is starting for now but things can change quickly.

3 hours ago, LazloW said:

Right back - top priority. Centre forward - would be nice to have options.  Left back - maybe. Not convinced Sibley is really a long term option there and he obviously doesn't fancy Roberts - so he might look around for something. 

45 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Basically, his mum whinged like f*** about him not getting games.  He played about ten, did ok, got a move back to London and couldn't be arsed.

It's a no from me

Someone he lodged with told me he had no interest in football, he was just good at it. Wasn't interested in following a team or showing loyalty, just wanted to win a contract to earn a living.

If it was the summer I’d be wanting 7/8 players through the door. But as it’s January 3 is looking more realistic. For me the priority goes; right back, right winger and left back. 

A case can be made for us signing players for most positions but in my opinion the three mentioned are our priority. 

17 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

If it was the summer I’d be wanting 7/8 players through the door. But as it’s January 3 is looking more realistic. For me the priority goes; right back, right winger and left back. 

A case can be made for us signing players for most positions but in my opinion the three mentioned are our priority. 

Centre forward rather than a left back for me….

On 21/09/2022 at 17:14, Kokosnuss said:

On 22/09/2022 at 09:05, PistoldPete said:

On 22/09/2022 at 19:01, jameso said:

On 13/10/2022 at 20:07, Grumpy Git said:

On 01/11/2022 at 07:07, Boycie said:

On 23/11/2022 at 14:35, jono said:

24 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

What's not to like about mendez Laing with barks as back up ...right back & centre forward cover for me 

Edited by bucktwo

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

Ebiowei, Ipswich linked with him

Hull are reportedly interested, surely Palace would prefer him to play in the Championship for the same coach who brought him on so well last season?

I think we will be looking at a RB, winger and CF, but we'll be having to work within our budget. If we keep all of our current squad, that will restrict our ability to bring in quality/quantity, however any wages freed up through loans or transfers, will allow us to improve the quality/quantity of players brought in. I suspect an early signing followed by others, dependent on outgoings.

Ebiowei will not go to Ipswich, he’s got half the championship after him. He’ll go to whoever pays the most for him. Onto the topic of us, I’ve heard little to nothing. Knight is attracting interest as you’d expect. But understand he isn’t leaving this window unless a bid of 4+ million up front is made. I think he is wanting to see where we finish before making any decisions on his future. 

4 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Ebiowei will not go to Ipswich, he’s got half the championship after him. He’ll go to whoever pays the most for him.

I'm not sure Palace will be swayed by the largest wage percentage paid over 5 months. Where he will go on loan will be the best club for his development, which manager can put up the most convincing argument why he should be at their club.

I'm also not sure why we wouldn't put our hat in that ring, I know it went a little sour at the end, but it's a club where he can walk into and need little to no time settling in.

29 minutes ago, David said:

I'm not sure Palace will be swayed by the largest wage percentage paid over 5 months. Where he will go on loan will be the best club for his development, which manager can put up the most convincing argument why he should be at their club.

I'm also not sure why we wouldn't put our hat in that ring, I know it went a little sour at the end, but it's a club where he can walk into and need little to no time settling in.

You can bet that if we wanted to bring Ebiowei in, Palace would use it as a bargaining chip to try to get us to withdraw our compensation claim. If his signing was to be the catalyst for a successful promotion push, I'd reluctantly say it's worth considering.