January Window

1of4

14 hours ago, Rev said:

I don't think we should be spending a penny on fees whilst stuck in the 3rd Division, personally.

If we're outperforming the agreed business plan, we should be using that money to reduce the owners ongoing spending commitments, not splashing the cash on signings.

We're not allowed to spend any fees due to the restriction we're under

22 minutes ago, rammieib said:

My questions are:

1) What’s happened the imminent player he had lined up?

2) The manager or one of the staff mentioned a few weeks ago they would try and discuss with the EFL over the restrictions - has anyone from the club attempted to discuss this so try the EFL?

Imminent deal must of collapsed or taking a lot longer than planned

If I remember correctly he never said imminent he said he thought it was 98% done but you never know until they are in the building.The players club may have picked up a injury or they have received a better offer......Warne said in January things change quickly players may become available you had not considered and others may become unavailable.

He also said do not believe any journalist they have never got one of his signings right yet.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/the72.co.uk/2022/12/20/the-ace-up-their-sleeve-can-derby-county-secure-promotion-this-season/amp/

good analysis of derbys chances.

points towards a need to strengthen, but without spending a transfer fee thats very difficult.

loans and free agents probably are not enough to see promotion.

The ability to pay a transfer fee gives plymouth, sheffield wednesday and ipswich an advantage over derby.

I assume we owe Arsenal about 1.5 million in ' i need my 2 hours at the world cup ' levy's this January.   I assume there is no chance of bringing anyone in till that's paid.   We need to sell him, as he clearly ain't coming back, to cover that for more leeway.  I do wonder if that ruling recently that we can't sign anyone internationally till we pay 2.5 million owed for his mate might also be a hold up with the EFL Derby County punishment hit squad.  Taxi for Knight if thats the case

6 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Everton have recalled striker Nathan Broadhead from Wigan . He is going out to another club. 5 goals in 22 games. They must be happy with the game-time Dobbin is getting. Is he the 98% deal? We have a space for another no9.

Rumour is it is Ipswich for 1 million 

Problem for us with strikers.

Stretton and osula means either free agents are a necessity, but who's possible for us to sign.

We could sign another over 30s free agent who's been let go by their club due to being surplus to requirements and who's not been picked up by the club's above.

Mcgoldricks reputation is injury prone, if that's the case it's a risk.

In any case we need a younger player who's capable of scoring a number of goals.

If we don't strengthen then I agree with the pundits who say that the playoffs is the best we can hope for.

Derbys new owner probably desperately wants to strength but without being able to pay a transfer fee ...

10 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Problem for us with strikers.

Stretton and osula means either free agents are a necessity, but who's possible for us to sign.

We could sign another over 30s free agent who's been let go by their club due to being surplus to requirements and who's not been picked up by the club's above.

Mcgoldricks reputation is injury prone, if that's the case it's a risk.

In any case we need a younger player who's capable of scoring a number of goals.

If we don't strengthen then I agree with the pundits who say that the playoffs is the best we can hope for.

Derbys new owner probably desperately wants to strength but without being able to pay a transfer fee ...

Need some pace up top, that’s what is lacking…