Derby County v Exeter City Tuesday 25 October

Gritstone Ram

There's now a 5 point gap between us and a play-off place and a massive 15 points from an automatic promotion place. Now I understand why Hoofball Warne got a 4 yr contract. It will be 4 years till all the footballing teams are promoted out of this division to give us a chance of making the play-offs. By then Pride Park attendances will drop down to about 12,000.

2 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

There's now a 5 point gap between us and a play-off place and a massive 15 points from an automatic promotion place. Now I understand why Hoofball Warne got a 4 yr contract. It will be 4 years till all the footballing teams are promoted out of this division to give us a chance of making the play-offs. By then Pride Park attendances will drop down to about 12,000.

To be fair I think it's clear that automatic was going to be a huge stretch whoever was managing us, and even if we'd have been able to sign more players. Ipswich and Plymouth look very good for this level. 

Playoffs was realistic, and should still be realistic with this squad. 

6 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Not sure what people are  complaining about. It was a warnedeful performance.

I look forward to rosenior all for another rendition on Saturday.

I feel it’s only fair to warne you that a new manager can’t work miracles with a rapidly depleting squad; we could turn to more youth players of course - perhaps more rosenior players like Chester, Davies, Smith, Hourihane etc are more prone to injuries, which wouldn’t be the new manager’s fault (?)

5 minutes ago, jameso said:

I’m starting to think there are 2 Max Birds and I keep getting distracted by one so I keep missing the useless one so many people have a problem with.

What did he do tonight so much worse than anyone else? (Hourihane for starters! - yet more evidence that the two together doesn’t bring the best out of him, which seemed to be the reason he was put on the right of the 3 in the first half)

I’m not saying he was great, but he wasn’t worth a “dear oh dear”.

Not a good game, but there are worse teams in the league than either of these two.

What do you see in him? I just really dont get it he does 1 or 2 good things a game, zero movement scared of a hard tackle and when he goes for a header he jumps with the other player but no intention of winning the header hes like a 10 year old scared of heading the ball 

Not sure when the mardarses on here are going to wake up and smell the coffee that Warne was given a 4 year contract so he ain't going anywhere anytime soon.

So bellyaching about getting Rosenoir back or why we brought him in when the players at the club don't fit into his footballing ethos might be helpful for your personal therapies but it isn't going to alter things one iota.

So get used to it and try and start supporting the guy as he's here for the long haul like it or lump it I'm afraid to tell you. 

Really poor. Yes, a thin squad is stretched, but there’s no excuse for the basic errors, weak tackles, slow play etc. That’s all non-negotiable and you don’t need any talent and you can do it in any formation. We didn’t do that.

It was better second when Dobbin came on. Roberts probably the best player overall. We desperately need more pace in this team. Bird, Hourihane, Smith all unwilling to move with the ball because they run in treacle.

Standard comment that the ref was bafflingly useless as normal. Some really weird decisions, like that corner in the second half and then that throw in decision right at the end. Also, embarrassing time wasting. Huge problem in football in general.

A lot for Warne to do because that was pretty pathetic. 

Edited by Srg

People are a little dramatic. Warne was appointed just over a month ago, very few managers have instant impact. Football wasn't brilliant tonight, it isn't Warne's squad yet. He deserves time to build something without the booing and moaning of the crowd in my opinion. Stability is key. 

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Not sure when the mardarses on here are going to wake up and smell the coffee that Warne was given a 4 year contract so he ain't going anywhere anytime soon.

So bellyaching about getting Rosenoir back or why we brought him in when the players at the club don't fit into his footballing ethos might be helpful for your personal therapies but it isn't going to alter things one iota.

So get used to it and try and start supporting the guy as he's here for the long haul like it or lump it I'm afraid to tell you. 

I’ll have a bet with you now for charity that he doesn’t make the end of year 3 of his 4 year contract. 

Just now, Andicis said:

People are a little dramatic. Warne was appointed just over a month ago, very few managers have instant impact. Football wasn't brilliant tonight, it isn't Warne's squad yet. He deserves time to build something without the booing and moaning of the crowd in my opinion. Stability is key. 

Yes but he didn’t take over a struggling side. We appear to have regressed at home. 

3 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

What do you see in him? I just really dont get it he does 1 or 2 good things a game, zero movement scared of a hard tackle and when he goes for a header he jumps with the other player but no intention of winning the header hes like a 10 year old scared of heading the ball 

He doesn't need to put in a 'hard tackle', he judges the play and puts his foot in to intercept wonderfully.

Hourihane just gets in his way - ask me what he does!

That was poor; but why? We seem to be totally by-passing midfield & becoming easy to play against; our only outlet seems to be NML. No threat up front in part because we are playing kick and rush and never have control of the ball or of territory. A team in transition who don't seem clear about their game plan other than get it forward quickly. Collins coming back is key to hold up play but at present we are too easy to match up against if we are going to rely on hoofball physical. 

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Bird was much better than Hourihane. Was involved in the game much more, tackled and passed much better. Hourihane gets in his way.

At least Hourihane will get you 10 goals if he does nowt else. Bird does nowt and scores 1 in 100.  Absolutely pointless player.  Butterfield light.  How is he motivating that side as Captain.  Looks like he's took a vow of silence and gets bullied ever game. The most overrated in my time watching.  Oh for a Van Der Laan to shell out the bollockings and lead by example. 

Just now, IlsonDerby said:

Yes but he didn’t take over a struggling side. We appear to have regressed at home. 

He took over a mid table side that continues to be mid table. And won away, which hadn't been done. It really isn't all that bad. 

Can't play max and conor as a midfield 2. Doesn't work at all. 

Sibs disappeared after 5 mins. 

NML does basically the same moves 10 yards outside the oppos box as he does 10 yards outside our box. Scary. 

We'll have Collins back on Saturday which may help. Osula is not a target man. 

It is going to be a long season. Our players are mainly elderly and after a gentle slide into retirement.

Enjoyed Roberts, dobbin, Cashin and Smith at RB. 

COYR