Derby v Man City U21s Matchday Thread

archram

1 hour ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

I know I'm in a minority, but I'd like to have a go at this competition... it's a chance to get to Wembley and actually win something!

Loach
             Rooney  Stearman  Forsyth
Oduroh  Knight  Smith  Thompson  Roberts
                    Collins  McGoldrick

I’m in your minority ??. Play to win and in any case keeps players sharp, better than any practice game. I’m enjoying it.

4 hours ago, TaahnRam said:

Agree about Roberts given a chance in the back 3 and the likes of Fozzy, Thompson and Oduroh need minutes. Would like to see Robinson/Aghatise in ahead of Ibrahim & Lo-Everton being as they were involved at Mansfield and wouldn't be surprised to see McGoldrick to get 45 along with Smith. Expect to see Collins up top given he can play in this game - think I read that in the DET though so ? 

I think both Robinson and Aghatise are injured, which is why I went for those other two, but I've not been following the youth very closely so might be wrong. But didn't Robinson come off after 20 minutes against the Gumps, after a tough season injury-wise so far?

1 hour ago, Stuniverse said:

Collins is suspended for three league matches.

The Papa Johns Trophy isn't a league match so he is eligible to play against Man City U21s.

As has been pointed out earlier in the thread, the confusion is because if this was the FA Cup or league Cup the suspension would have counted, as it is if you are sent off in either of those cups. Not as straight forward as saying it is a league match suspension 

9 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I think both Robinson and Aghatise are injured, which is why I went for those other two, but I've not been following the youth very closely so might be wrong. But didn't Robinson come off after 20 minutes against the Gumps, after a tough season injury-wise so far?

You could be right, I'm not sure. I don't know much about Ibrahim or Lo Everton tbh either way looks like we'll see some new faces

This just shows again what an absolute tinpot piece of turd this cup is.  That irrelevant that suspensions don't count. As if the U21 teams admission isn't bad enough.  Back in the old das when it was the Sherpa Van it was great as most teams in it bar maybe Wolves were teams who would realistically never get a game at Wembley otherwise .  Now you have 4-5 teams of championship size who will dominate and the playoffs greatly improving the chance of that Wembley trip anyway.

55 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Ibrahim just sent out on loan so won't see him either.

3 hours ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

I know I'm in a minority, but I'd like to have a go at this competition... it's a chance to get to Wembley and actually win something!

Loach
             Rooney  Stearman  Forsyth
Oduroh  Knight  Smith  Thompson  Roberts
                    Collins  McGoldrick

Exactly how id expect us to line up. Rooney, Smith & McGoldrick need the minutes for fitness, Oduroh & Thompson need game time too.

That should be more than strong enough to win.

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Darren Robinson limped off in the first half against Nottingham Forest U21s last Monday with an ankle injury.

Osazee Aghatise played against Leeds U21 on 5th August and then didn’t play again until 30th September against Norwich City U21s. Aghatise wasn’t in the squad last Monday against Nottingham Forest U21s.

Edited by Stuniverse

35 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

Darren Robinson limped off in the first half against Nottingham Forest U21s last Monday with an ankle injury.

Osazee Aghatise played against Leeds U21 on 5th August and then didn’t play again until 30th September against Norwich City U21s. Aghatise wasn’t in the squad last Monday against Nottingham Forest U21s.

Aghatise played the last 14 mins in the game vs Mansfield on the 4th though

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Bit of advice. Got a ticket but not in work tomorrow to print it out.

Any idea what the alternatives are? Do the scanners work with your phone or not?

I think if go to ticket office before kick off they should  be able print one off for you. Best advise give the club email ring or tweet dcfc tickets.

8 hours ago, rammieib said:

Bit of advice. Got a ticket but not in work tomorrow to print it out.

Any idea what the alternatives are? Do the scanners work with your phone or not?

Email it to someone you know with a printer ? 

32 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

They ought to be and they were a few seasons ago but it was stopped I believe (no idea why in this day and age,they should be able to dispense with cards for your season tickets really)

They should I suppose but my guess is new software and kit = money. I also think it would be a sad day when you don’t have your ST in your pocket as physical object. In fact you’d think for ST holders ticket for the cup could be uploaded to your card ?

14 hours ago, jono said:

I’m in your minority ??. Play to win and in any case keeps players sharp, better than any practice game. I’m enjoying it.

I'm with you on this. The thought of Rick Parry sitting stoney faced for 90 mins whilst 30k rams fans sing **** the EFL then having to present his trophy to Curtis through gritted teeth before Curtis ceremoniously drops it in the bin on the way out is sheer poetry