Derby v Man City U21s Matchday Thread

archram

24 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I did nail this down as perhaps the most depressing game in the club's history, where we are made to play against another side's U21 side in a competitive match. I'm not surprised the interest is at an all-time low. 

It's the fact that the fixture counts as a first team game for one side, but it isn't for the other - that's just mad. It's either a first team game or it isn't - can't be both!

I’m going tonight and think I’ll quite enjoy it (what else am I going to be doing after all?).

The game against Grimsby felt a bit more ‘grass rooty’, small crowd, mostly enthusiastic, seeing a few players we hadn’t seen much of, no real pressure. Just a bit of fun.

Of course, understand that people have to weigh up whether it’s worth spending the money on, particularly at the mo. I doubt this game is high on anybody’s list of priorities for time or money, so certainly no criticism from me for what will be a small crowd (although all things being equal I’d rather watch it in person than on RamsTV). 

As most of the U21s are out on loan (it seems) does this mean it will be a strong team?  I suppose it gives Warne another opportunity to hone his style and drill it into the players with a bit of a ‘free hit’ (will people moan and complain if we lost tonight?)

5 hours ago, angieram said:

This is meant to be a preview of tonight's game, but is more about Accrington.

Anyway, Louie is "obviously hopeful" of progressing this evening!

Disappointed this surely mean Louie starts when he played all 104 minutes on Saturday and we surely need him fresh and uninjured in the heart of midfield for Friday.  But pleased he's happy and expect he just wants to play. 

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Disappointed this surely mean Louie starts when he played all 104 minutes on Saturday and we surely need him fresh and uninjured in the heart of midfield for Friday.  But pleased he's happy and expect he just wants to play. 

Pleased to be proved wrong. With Collins available needing games for fitness, that's a no brainer. Warne must think Smith and McGoldrick also need more minutes for fitness, so we already have a strong spine emerging. Interesting to see Knight starting, but I feel he needs to find his mojo in midfield, and maybe this is the game to do it. He should be dominating League One midfields for the whole game, not just in flashes, but hasn't so far. Great to see all the others get minutes. 

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Pleased to be proved wrong. With Collins available needing games for fitness, that's a no brainer. Warne must think Smith and McGoldrick also need more minutes for fitness, so we already have a strong spine emerging. Interesting to see Knight starting, but I feel he needs to find his mojo in midfield, and maybe this is the game to do it. He should be dominating League One midfields for the whole game, not just in flashes, but hasn't so far. Great to see all the others get minutes. 

these Man City youngsters will have masses of talent. But they can still be bossed and bullied by seasoned pros. I think Warne had that in mind when he picked the team 

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Bird started the last Pizza game and was replaced by Knight at half time. I'm expecting the reverse tonight.