Derby v Man City U21s Matchday Thread

archram

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

It definitely doesn’t count as one of his games but not sure if he is allowed to play.

Surely that would be 'double jeopardy'?

If he can't play it SHOULD count as one of his three games. 

If it doesn't count as one of his three games he SHOULD be allowed to play. 

They can't have it both ways? ?‍♀️

12 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

A reminder of the rules for folk, given we have the vital game at Ipswich three days later. If we can afford it I'd likely take the fine, but if we're not taking the fine and are looking for four qualifying outfield players, I would pick: Stearman, Forsyth, Smith (for fitness) and Roberts giving a team of:

Loach

Stearman     Rooney     Roberts

Oduroh     Thompson   Smith     Ibrahim     Forsyth

Lo-Everton

Cybulski

Is Cybulski able to play given he's on loan at Matlock?

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Suspensions in this competition and the League do not cross over as far as I know.

Loach

Rooney   Stearman   Forsyth

Oduroh   Hourihane   Smith   Tommo   Roberts

Collins   McGoldrick

Subs: Wildsmith, Cashin, Mendez-Laing, Knight, Aghatise, Haigh, Wheeldon

2 hours ago, Foreveram said:

It definitely doesn’t count as one of his games but not sure if he is allowed to play.

As @angieramand @Ambitioushave said, can't believe they can prevent you playing in a competition that isn't part of the ban, domestic bans dont prevent playing in UEFA competitions for instance, but FA Cup and League Cup count to the league, needs to be challenged if it does.

Also, if the ban doesn't count as it is a 'lesser' non related competition how can they stipulate the requirement to use a min number of players playing in the non related competitions,  again it makes no sense.

But, as you said @Foreveram, the EFL make the rules and we know how carp they are at that

Edited by Rich84
Typo

15 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

A reminder of the rules for folk, given we have the vital game at Ipswich three days later. If we can afford it I'd likely take the fine, but if we're not taking the fine and are looking for four qualifying outfield players, I would pick: Stearman, Forsyth, Smith (for fitness) and Roberts giving a team of:

Loach

Stearman     Rooney     Roberts

Oduroh     Thompson   Smith     Ibrahim     Forsyth

Lo-Everton

Cybulski

Agree about Roberts given a chance in the back 3 and the likes of Fozzy, Thompson and Oduroh need minutes. Would like to see Robinson/Aghatise in ahead of Ibrahim & Lo-Everton being as they were involved at Mansfield and wouldn't be surprised to see McGoldrick to get 45 along with Smith. Expect to see Collins up top given he can play in this game - think I read that in the DET though so ? 

Edited by TaahnRam

2 hours ago, Rich84 said:

As @angieramand @Ambitioushave said, can't believe they can prevent you playing in a competition that isn't part of the ban, domestic bans dont prevent playing in UEFA competitions for instance, but FA Cup and League Cup count to the league, needs to be challenged if it does.

Also, if the ban doesn't count as it is a 'lesser' non related competition how can they stipulate the requirement to use a min number of players playing in the non related competitions,  again it makes no sense.

But, as you said @Foreveram, the EFL make the rules and we know how carp they are at that

Please note, I’m not saying he can’t play, only that I don’t know whether he can or not. The EFL rules on red cards state that this competition does not count towards a three game league ban.

Man City will field a young side, having only used 1 player older than 19 all season. Former Derby academy player True Grant (16) could make the squad, with him being on the U21s bench in their last game.
Man City's front three will most liekly be Mebude, Dickson and Borges, who have scored a combined 12 goals in 9 U21 games this season (2 in the EFL Trophy match vs Mansfield.

I know I'm in a minority, but I'd like to have a go at this competition... it's a chance to get to Wembley and actually win something!

Loach
             Rooney  Stearman  Forsyth
Oduroh  Knight  Smith  Thompson  Roberts
                    Collins  McGoldrick

10 hours ago, roboto said:

Can we play Collins here if he’s still suspended for league games?

Collins is suspended for three league matches.

The Papa Johns Trophy isn't a league match so he is eligible to play against Man City U21s.

Edited by Stuniverse

21 hours ago, archram said:

Papa Johns Trophy

Derby County v Manchester City U21s

Tuesday 18th October at 7pm

at Pride Park Stadium 

I don’t entirely understand the system ( true of many things!) but I think if we win or draw this we qualify for the knockout round?

If it’s a draw I don’t want any nonsense like the last game ! ?

5.1.2  Round of 32.

(i)  The eight winners and eight runners up of the north and south group stages qualify for the round of 32. All other Clubs are eliminated from the Competition.

(ii)  The round of 32 pairings are determined by means of a draw whereby the winner of a group will be drawn at home and will play a runner up of a group from the same region (but not from the same group).

Edited by Old Spalding Ram