FA cup

Foreveram

7 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

I would go but the train times aren't being very kind and the prices even less so. Can't afford to spend more than £50 getting there when I can watch it at home for nothing unfortunately. My finances aren't that great I'm afraid

Understand Podgey ?

8 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

I would go but the train times aren't being very kind and the prices even less so. Can't afford to spend more than £50 getting there when I can watch it at home for nothing unfortunately. My finances aren't that great I'm afraid

I feel for the club. I looked at it but it's £100 for designated trains to and from London (packed full of West Ham fans!) or more for an "off peak" return. Back late and an early start the next day, so I'm resorting to ITV4 or the pub. Expect we'll still get high 20s in terms of attendance, which is good, on top of the TV money.

Disappointing if don't get close to 30k for this.

It's almost as if 12 months ago was a distant memory,  everyone rallying behind the club, the march etc. 

We'll look like a small time club with the away end sold out, outsinging the 1/3rd empty home end.

I know it's on terrestrial TV on  Monday night, but it is reasonably priced. 95% of the WHU fans are making the journey from London.......

"Derby are massive, everywhere we go!" Not a chance and embarrassing if we sing that!

I'm just hoping that the closer it gets to the game it sparks more interest,  a chance to show the audience why we were making a song and dance about saving our club.

11 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

It's almost as if 12 months ago was a distant memory,  everyone rallying behind the club, the march etc. 

We'll look like a small time club with the away end sold out, outsinging the 1/3rd empty home end.

I know it's on terrestrial TV on  Monday night, but it is reasonably priced. 95% of the WHU fans are making the journey from London.......

"Derby are massive, everywhere we go!" Not a chance and embarrassing if we sing that!

I'm just hoping that the closer it gets to the game it sparks more interest,  a chance to show the audience why we were making a song and dance about saving our club.

Good post.  I can certainly understand that those that have a good journey to make would bualk at it especially if things are tight financially for them, and it being a Monday night, does not help at all.  However I think that there are sufficient fans who do not have to make a long journey, the ticket prices are very reasonable, and it should be a heady 9 Celsius that I too will be disappointed if we don’t get a good crowd.

14 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Cough- we are not on fire - we are effective - West Ham are not a top club - they are in the premiership where they exist and never try to do anything more 

West Ham finished 7th and made the semi-final of the Europa Cup.

The season before they finished 6th.

And they have some very good players.

I'd day they were a top club.

1 hour ago, Rich84 said:

Anyone’s opinion I care about won’t just be looking at the attendance from one Monday night game, ignoring the very good home crowds and away followings we have had for a number of years now, before forming an opinion on how “massive” they think we are. If you want to focus on just one match then you can choose any of our top 5 home attendances this season (I think we have 5 of the top 10 in the league), or the sell out away followings in particular nearly 4,000 for a regular league match away on a cold Tuesday night.

Also, why do we need to make a song and dance about saving our club (over and above what we’ve already done)?

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love the ground to be packed to the rafters but I don’t think we should be judging or trying to guilt the loyal supporters who turn up for league games into buying a ticket.

7 hours ago, Rich84 said:

Linking this one match's attendance to saving the club is ridiculous. You are the lucky one.  It may be reasonably priced to you but not perhaps to many at the moment. I dont go to matches to the benefit of the view of the outside world. We have bought tickets but no idea if we can make it yet due to uni interviews and work. Nothing to do with not supporting the club. Perhaps lay some of the blame on the TV scheduling not hard-pressed fans

25 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

If we can get near sell out for League games against Accrington Stanley then why can't we for West Ham. It's the fourth round of the FA Cup and we could beat these with good backing from the crowd

I think it would have sold out if we had played Saturday, but it is a bit of a ball ache for those of us out of the county to get to after work on a Monday night. Nevertheless I will be there and I still think we will get a decent crowd of 25k plus. Should still be a good atmosphere.  What have we sold so far 22k?

Edited by Wistaston Ram

23 hours ago, Wistaston Ram said:

I think it would have sold out if we had played Saturday, but it is a bit of a ball ache for those of us out of the county to get to after work on a Monday night. Nevertheless I will be there and I still think we will get a decent crowd of 25k plus. Should still be a good atmosphere.  What have we sold so far 22k?

There are still over 7000 tickets available for this.

Hopefully as its payday for a lot of people on Friday and Jan has been a long month lots of fans will buy tickets over the weekend as anything less than close to capacity for this is a bit disappointing imo.

The "Its on TV" argument doesn`t really wash with me either unless you live miles away. It certainly hasn` put W Ham fans off making a 300 mile round trip on a Monday as they have sold out of their 4500 allocation

On 24/01/2023 at 15:07, Rammy03 said:

If we can get near sell out for League games against Accrington Stanley then why can't we for West Ham. It's the fourth round of the FA Cup and we could beat these with good backing from the crowd

Because it’s a Monday night.

I’m fortunate that I can afford to stay over in Derby, but it’s a minimum of an extra £60 that a lot of people just don’t have spare.

Edited by Grumpy Git

3 hours ago, Betty Swollocks said:

Hopefully as its payday for a lot of people on Friday and Jan has been a long month lots of fans will buy tickets over the weekend as anything less than close to capacity for this is a bit disappointing imo.

The "Its on TV" argument doesn`t really wash with me either unless you live miles away. It certainly hasn` put W Ham fans off making a 300 mile round trip on a Monday as they have sold out of their 4500 allocation

Big day out for them though init? ?

3 hours ago, Betty Swollocks said:

The replay will be on TV as well and we would take thousands there as well 

I have purchased my ticket but re to watch is free to watch and bills need paying