Ball Retention Team aka Ballboys

rammieib

I’ve said it before but why the hell are ours so pathetic?

There is about four of them, often too scared to go on the pitch to, you know, retrieve the ball.

We are losing a game and we allow their players or GK to wander down to the corner flag to get a ball as there isn’t a single ballboy in sight.

Get 10 of them around the pitch, inside the advertising boards and get the ball into our players ASAP.

All the little things makes a difference.

4 minutes ago, rammieib said:

There is about four of them, often too scared to go on the pitch to, you know, retrieve the ball.

We are losing a game and we allow their players or GK to wander down to the corner flag to get a ball as there isn’t a single ballboy in sight.

Get 10 of them around the pitch, inside the advertising boards and get the ball into our players ASAP.

In the North Stand/East Stand lower corner there is a young lad 8ish at a guess?‍♀️, Does a good job, Even able to climb over the advertising boards, I guess being that young and running pitch side could be a little intimidating ?‍♀️

Agree they should be more 

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Don't think you can blame the ballboys* for the number of ballboys* the club use?

And rightly or wrongly, I've always been under the impression they aren't actually allowed to enter the pitch itself.  Pretty sure that's a governing body rule, not just the club.  Stand to be corrected though, as always!  ?‍♂️

Oh... and it's less than a full game ago that The South Stand themselves thought it was cool to hang on to the ball.  I take it this is aimed at when were were losing?

*Yeah... yeah... girls too... whatever!  ?

They are incredibly slow to retrieve the ball we’re in a losing position and it’s quickly needed. 

Was quite noticeable yesterday.

Especially when Rammie had to end up kicking it back to their goalkeeper with it rolling all but 1 yard!

We could really do with 13/14 year olds who are able to read the tempo of the game instead of small children.

13 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

They are incredibly slow to retrieve the ball we’re in a losing position and it’s quickly needed. 

Especially when Rammie had to end up kicking it back to their goalkeeper with it rolling all but 1 yard!

We could really do with 13/14 year olds who are able to read the tempo of the game instead of small children.

Radio derby commentary mentioned this specifically. He used to be a call boy, and got swore at by Paul Merson. 

13 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

That was massively pathetic. The ball was off the pitch, the ballboy didn't move, so Rammie did and he may as well not have.

I have a feeling that the ball was only in play for about 60 minutes on Saturday. Paul Warne said that the ball is out of play a hell of a lot in this division.However, when we we winning it was our players that kicked the ball away at every stoppage.(instructions from Paul?) When we were losing it was a mad panic to get the ball back. Can’t blame the ball boys.

At other clubs they are considered part of the wider team and drilled.......winning: sit on your stool.......losing: ball back in play and pronto

Nothing wrong with that in my book.

Better solution would just be to have 60 mins in play and stop the clock literally every time the ball goes dead for throws, corners, freekicks, fouls, injuries, subs, dog on pitch, the lot.

Not sure why they don't do this as it would remove the time-wasting blight from our game in an instant.