Warne isn't the Messiah and Stearman is a very Naughty Boy

sage

Disappointing today and the ref played is part but I hope the idolatry stops now and we appreciate this is still a difficult task which will take a lot of sorting out and there is no guarantee that Warne will do any better than Rosenoir.

He has my support but Warne's way of playing is going to be hard to impose on this set of players. 

Stearman's ridiculous handball turned the game even more than Collin's red card.

1 minute ago, sage said:

Disappointing today and the ref played is part but I hope the idolatry stops now and we appreciate this is still a difficult task which will take a lot of sorting out and there is no guarantee that Warne will do any better than Rosenoir.

He has my support but Warne's way of playing is going to be hard to impose on this set of players. 

Stearman's ridiculous handball turned the game even more than Collin's red card.

Without wanting to sound negative I think that was my takeaway from today, that Warne wants to play one way and I’m not sure we have the players to suit it. Or that possibly we need Robert’s in that back 3 for some pace. Thing is it worked away at Cambridge last week, so it’s not a complete disaster but I’m not convinced it is going to work at home when teams are gonna come more defensive and hit on the counter.

3 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Without wanting to sound negative I think that was my takeaway from today, that Warne wants to play one way and I’m not sure we have the players to suit it. Or that possibly we need Robert’s in that back 3 for some pace. Thing is it worked away at Cambridge last week, so it’s not a complete disaster but I’m not convinced it is going to work at home when teams are gonna come more defensive and hit on the counter.

Agree re pace at the back. If we are going to press we need to play higher up the pitch as a team. 

13 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

That is an interesting one. It is his original position after all. In the middle because he'd be the quickest, or on the left, with Cashin in the centre spraying passes to both wings (but potentially getting exposed for lack of pace down the middle)?

Particularly at home, that could be a really good option, I think.

32 minutes ago, sage said:

There's no guarantees in life of course but when you know that something isn't going to work out then doing nothing really is not the right thing to do. 

1 hour ago, SaffyRam said:

Dreadful football, worse than watching Rowettball. It’s going to be a very, very long season. But, hey he wears a funny bobble hat ?

p.s. I’m usually a happy clapper.

Oi, the 1st 7minutes were good, Ball to Barks, He takes their player on, Crosses and Collins is there to shoot and score, 83mins plus added time was Dreadful FootballSad Baby GIF

1 hour ago, sage said:

Was it Stearman or Hori’s?

1 hour ago, SaffyRam said:

Dreadful football, worse than watching Rowettball. It’s going to be a very, very long season. But, hey he wears a funny bobble hat ?

p.s. I’m usually a happy clapper.

Better get used to it Saffy, we’re stuck with him, his football and his ‘quirky’ interviews for the next 4 years…

This football will be atrocious if it’s like that completely nullifying the skilful players we have.

I said it on here - losing LR is a mistake. It was painful to watch at Cambridge but we won, when we lose it’ll be terrible.

Lump it football and bypass the midfield.

Every time the defenders passed amongst themselves I am convinced they are thinking “which one of us plays the long ball”.

Edited by rammieib

Far too early to be making assertions this is all playing philosophy related and saying don’t like the look of Warneball. He’s been here 2 weeks and today commented on how we lacked control of the midfield so today is clearly not how he wants to play.

I thought Liam should’ve been given the job but we’ve got Warne and he needs to be given time. I labelled him a long ball merchant but after doing my research he’s someone who adapts to what he has and hopefully we’ll see that in time.

3 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Far too early to be making assertions this is all playing philosophy related and saying don’t like the look of Warneball. He’s been here 2 weeks and today commented on how we lacked control of the midfield so today is clearly not how he wants to play.

I thought Liam should’ve been given the job but we’ve got Warne and he needs to be given time. I labelled him a long ball merchant but after doing my research he’s someone who adapts to what he has and hopefully we’ll see that in time.

Spot on post ?

10 minutes ago, rammieib said:

This football will be atrocious if it’s like that completely nullifying the skilful players we have.

I said it on here - losing LR is a mistake. It was painful to watch at Cambridge but we won, when we lose it’ll be terrible.

Lump it football and bypass the midfield.

Every time the defenders passed amongst themselves I am convinced they are thinking “which one of us plays the long ball”.

Last week Bird was the best player so how do you come to the conclusion we’re going to bypass midfield? 

We were getting nothing out of that game when you have a referee that is incompetent or bias or both.