Warne isn't the Messiah and Stearman is a very Naughty Boy

sage

The irony that some were saying nine games was not enough to judge Rosenior and yet Warne is getting pelters after two.

It’s conceivable that we would have had a easy six points from six if not for two game changing errors of judgement today, the kind of which coaching, tactics and style of play can’t really influence.

Playing volleyball in our own box and our star striker turning MMA fighter, how can Warne be blamed for that?

Just now, Jourdan said:

The irony that some were saying nine games was not enough to judge Rosenior and yet Warne is getting pelters after two.

It’s conceivable that we would have had a easy six points from six if not for two game changing errors of judgement today, the kind of which coaching, tactics and style of play can’t really influence.

Playing volleyball in our own box and our star striker turning MMA fighter, how can Warne be blamed for that?

Not pelters, just a reality check after initial unjustified, in my book, exultation.  

25 minutes ago, rammieib said:

This football will be atrocious if it’s like that completely nullifying the skilful players we have.

I said it on here - losing LR is a mistake. It was painful to watch at Cambridge but we won, when we lose it’ll be terrible.

Lump it football and bypass the midfield.

Every time the defenders passed amongst themselves I am convinced they are thinking “which one of us plays the long ball”.

To be fair to him, in his post match interview he said he didn't like the way we bypassed the midfield.

1 minute ago, sage said:

Not pelters, just a reality check after initial unjustified, in my book, exultation.  

A reality check? Is it though?

Any manager’s game plan will go up in smoke when you concede not just one but two penalties and get a completely avoidable red card.

It would be understandable if Port Vale had showed us up and pulled off a tactical masterclass.

The reality is, our players lost their heads at key times and gifted the opposition three points.

14 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

We made mistakes, not Warner’s fault, but our errors. Better teams don’t make those mistakes.

13 minutes ago, sage said:

Ref booked Stearman which suggested it was him. Stearman didn't really argue.   

I clearly lip read him saying “what you on about ref?”

But the ref had already consulted the 3rd assistant ref in between the dug outs.

2 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

A reality check? Is it though?

Any manager’s game plan will go up in smoke when you concede not just one but two penalties and get a completely avoidable red card.

It would be understandable if Port Vale had showed us up and pulled off a tactical masterclass.

The reality is, our players lost their heads at key times and gifted the opposition three points.

There is more to it than that. A lack of control. The drop off from the starting XI. A high tempo pressing game with half the side init's dotage. 

The reality check isn't for Warne, it's for the supporters who thought he would be a panacea.  

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

I clearly lip read him saying “what you on about ref?”

But the ref had already consulted the 3rd assistant ref in between the dug outs.

If he got the wrong derby player, it means it's an unsafe decision. He didn't know for sure who handled it. 

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We made mistakes, not Warner’s fault, but our errors. Better teams don’t make those mistakes.

10 league games between now and Christmas. I think we’ll see just how good we are and how good Warne is.

Plymouth and Ipswich are emerging as the outstanding teams in the division.

In ten games, we should be looking to establish ourselves in the pack of three or four behind them.

If we are not, then criticism of Warne and his approach would be fair. But after two league games, it seems premature.

30 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Hasn't his "why wall" kicked in yet? Thought that PW was positioning himself as part psychologist, part life coach and part stand-up. To make the lads want to fight for each other. 

Maybe I'm beginning to see the potential flaw with this approach.... 

8 minutes ago, sage said:

There is more to it than that. A lack of control. The drop off from the starting XI. A high tempo pressing game with half the side init's dotage. 

The reality check isn't for Warne, it's for the supporters who thought he would be a panacea.  

Do two games decide that?

We could win 7-8 of the next 10 and those who backed Warne from the start will look vindicated.

I don’t see how a game which was lost on the basis of 2-3 individual errors can be used to take a swipe at Warne.

For one, a lack of control and a drop off in levels are not exactly issues unique to Warne.

Two, whether he has the same approach as previous managers or something different, bumps in the road are natural.

I just get the impression that some, not necessarily yourself, are looking for any excuse now to go against this new direction.

13 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

10 league games between now and Christmas. I think we’ll see just how good we are and how good Warne is.

Plymouth and Ipswich are emerging as the outstanding teams in the division.

In ten games, we should be looking to establish ourselves in the pack of three or four behind them.

If we are not, then criticism of Warne and his approach would be fair. But after two league games, it seems premature.

We need to give him 2 seasons to see what he can do. I personally would have given Liam longer but let’s hope our players can adapt to the different style ?

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We need to give him 2 seasons to see what he can do. I personally would have given Liam longer but let’s hope our players can adapt to the different style ?

I think the signs look good to me.

We beat Cambridge with the kind of professional performance you want away from home, and we really ought to have won today too.

Giving away two penalties and a needless red card was the issue, not any hiccups with Warne’s tactical and stylistic approach.

3 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I think the signs look good to me.

We beat Cambridge with the kind of professional performance you want away from home, and we really ought to have won today too.

Giving away two penalties and a needless red card was the issue, not any hiccups with Warne’s tactical and stylistic approach.

Maybe if we didn’t make the mistakes we would have had more of a chance of winning today ?

2 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Do two games decide that?

We could win 7-8 of the next 10 and those who backed Warne from the start will look vindicated.

I don’t see how a game which was lost on the basis of 2-3 individual errors can be used to take a swipe at Warne.

For one, a lack of control and a drop off in levels are not exactly issues unique to Warne.

Two, whether he has the same approach as previous managers or something different, bumps in the road are natural.

I just get the impression that some, not necessarily yourself, are looking for any excuse now to go against this new direction.

You seem to be persistently struggling to comprehend my original post and later ones reiterating my point. 

I am not taking a swipe at Warne.

I'm pointing out that many fans response to his appointment was disproportionately optimistic. 

The drop off in levels beyond our first choice are not criticisms of Warne just a state of the nation analysis. Though this formation does place further emphasis on specific players with little cover ie wing backs

Some difficulties can be assumed after two games, namely the juxtaposition of his 'gas out' style of play with our squad ages. That doesn't need 10 games to work out. 

Hopefully we will improve and finish in the top six but it's going to be tougher than many fans believed after his appointment and i'm pretty sure Warne knows that too.  

9 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

2 seasons! 10 games is more than enough. If we are not perfect within 10 games, get rid, rip it up and start again.

Liam's football was slow and boring and Warne will have us playing fast and direct rather than messing around with it at the back.

Or Liam got us playing controlled possession football which was starting to come together whereas Warne is just a hoofball joker.

Pick your opinion now and stick with it. There is no inbetween. The truth is out there. Trust no one.

3 minutes ago, sage said:

You seem to be persistently struggling to comprehend my original post and later ones reiterating my point. 

I am not taking a swipe at Warne.

I'm pointing out that many fans response to his appointment was disproportionately optimistic. 

The drop off in levels beyond our first choice are not criticisms of Warne just a state of the nation analysis. Though this formation does place further emphasis on specific players with little cover ie wing backs

Some difficulties can be assumed after two games, namely the juxtaposition of his 'gas out' style of play with our squad ages. That doesn't need 10 games to work out. 

Hopefully we will improve and finish in the top six but it's going to be tougher than many fans believed after his appointment and i'm pretty sure Warne knows that too.  

So you are saying Warne out? At least give him 4 games. That's how many league games it took people to work out Liam wasn't good enough with a 0-0 at Shrewsbury!