Warne isn't the Messiah and Stearman is a very Naughty Boy

sage

6 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

2 seasons! 10 games is more than enough. If we are not perfect within 10 games, get rid, rip it up and start again.

Liam's football was slow and boring and Warne will have us playing fast and direct rather than messing around with it at the back.

Or Liam got us playing controlled possession football which was starting to come together whereas Warne is just a hoofball joker.

Pick your opinion now and stick with it. There is no inbetween. The truth is out there. Trust no one.

?

The forum has gone like twitter or the Watford boardroom. Liam goes everyone is heartbroken then PW does personable interviews and we win at Cambridge and suddenly Liam is pants, PW is league one's guardiola ,we're going up and everyone buys his hat for the bobble hat army. We lose today after a promising start due to what largely sounds as a result of rash play and some terrible officiating and now he's suddenly pants too. FGS this season and likely next were always going to be tough with the ongoing business plan etc.

Lets get behind the manager and players we have (that were going to win manager and team of the year this time last week). What's happened to that all in this together spirit? We will have ups and downs but if everything is going to lead to extreme euphoria or deepest despair from us it really will be a long season.  COYR

PS PW's Norfolk family are unlikely and must never come to PP again!

10 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

The forum has gone like twitter or the Watford boardroom. Liam goes everyone is heartbroken then PW does personable interviews and we win at Cambridge and suddenly Liam is pants, PW is league one's guardiola ,we're going up and everyone buys his hat for the bobble hat army. We lose today after a promising start due to what largely sounds as a result of rash play and some terrible officiating and now he's suddenly pants too. FGS this season and likely next were always going to be tough with the ongoing business plan etc.

Lets get behind the manager and players we have (that were going to win manager and team of the year this time last week). What's happened to that all in this together spirit? We will have ups and downs but if everything is going to lead to extreme euphoria or deepest despair from us it really will be a long season.  COYR

Who has said PW is pants on this thread?

50 minutes ago, sage said:

I'm pointing out that many fans response to his appointment was disproportionately optimistic. 

To be fair Sage, is this a bad thing, what’s the alternative?

I’m all for a bit of feel good factor around the club, even if it’s short lived, the last 12 months have been pretty grim so to have something to hold on to and be optimistic is a decent thing. 

If that optimism breeds positivity into the stands, let’s roll with it, even if it means wearing a bobble hat. Won’t be long before the tough discussions start where he’s tactics are being torn from pillar to post.

50 minutes ago, sage said:

You seem to be persistently struggling to comprehend my original post and later ones reiterating my point. 

I am not taking a swipe at Warne.

I'm pointing out that many fans response to his appointment was disproportionately optimistic. 

The drop off in levels beyond our first choice are not criticisms of Warne just a state of the nation analysis. Though this formation does place further emphasis on specific players with little cover ie wing backs

Some difficulties can be assumed after two games, namely the juxtaposition of his 'gas out' style of play with our squad ages. That doesn't need 10 games to work out. 

Hopefully we will improve and finish in the top six but it's going to be tougher than many fans believed after his appointment and i'm pretty sure Warne knows that too.  

Getting behind a new manager with a positive track record in this division is disproportionately optimistic, is it?

Surely some positivity surrounding the club is good and surely in this instance there is at least something tangible to go with it?

I can understand people may feel Rosenior should have stayed or that Warne is not the right appointment. I can also understand that people will stand behind the idea that Derby should be a footballing side.

But what I don’t understand is there being some posters who seem have to made their mind up on Warne from day one and will pounce on any negative result to reinforce their position.

For me, he deserves a chance but some won’t give him that, and that to me is counterintuitive.

1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

Getting behind a new manager with a positive track record in this division is disproportionately optimistic, is it?

Surely some positivity surrounding the club is good and surely in this instance there is at least something tangible to go with it?

I can understand people may feel Rosenior should have stayed or that Warne is not the right appointment. I can also understand that people will stand behind the idea that Derby should be a footballing side.

But what I don’t understand is there being some posters who seem have to made their mind up on Warne from day one and will pounce on any negative result to reinforce their position.

For me, he deserves a chance but some won’t give him that, and that to me is counterintuitive.

Do you read my posts? 

This is like playing chess with a pigeon. 

31 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Meant unlucky not unlikely

6 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

We have to give him 2 seasons minimum seeing he is on the contract that he is. He needs to be given plenty of time to get the team playing the way he wants them to play. Then we can decide if his appointment was the right one.

9 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

But what I don’t understand is there being some posters who seem have to made their mind up on Rosenior from day one and will pounce on any negative result to reinforce their position.

Agreed. Glad we didn’t catch you doing that

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I was a county chess player, never played a pigeon though. Are they any good at chess ♟?

When you have made one move  they just stomp all over the board, knock half the pieces over and s**** on a bishop. 

As futile as making the same point five times. 

FFS Stearman obviously did nothing wrong. A ref totally out of his depth with the game not under his control made the wrong decision and now we have a stupid thread that cements the mistake. It was clearly Hourihane who handled and, along with Collins, they are both very naughty boys.

A big shame Hourihane isn't suspended so we could change the midfield and start Sibley. A big shame Collins is suspended for three games, just as he was finding form. 

Definitely not the game to judge Warne on. 

29 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Agreed. Glad we didn’t catch you doing that

This would be very pertinent if it was even close to the truth.

Rosenior got criticised after a series of disappointing results. Not from day one, not after two games.

Warne is being talked down after just one, and one in which the players self destructed and took matters out of his hands.

3 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

This would be very pertinent if it was even close to the truth.

Rosenior got criticised after a series of disappointing results. Not from day one, not after two games.

Warne is being talked down after just one, and one in which the players self destructed and took matters out of his hands.

Rosenior got criticised 10 games into a season after signing a whole new team. But anyway. It’s good to understand we blame the players when it suits.

I don’t think Warne is being talked down, is he? I just think we all got a bit over excited about him wearing hats and getting an away win which had been coming anyway. But there are the same issues in the squad today as there were under Rosenior.

Personally I was a bit confused today. If you had asked Port Vale before the game what type of game they wanted they’d have probably said they hoped it became a scrap with fights for second balls, plenty of set pieces and lack of control. It’s exactly what we gave them and worse still it looked like a choice at times. That was a concern when we hired Warne and I’ve seen little to be able to say it’s not a concern now. We have some good footballers, I’d like to see us try to use them. If we are going to play the style we did today we may as well not bother with a midfield and just rock a 5-0-5 formation.