McGoldrick

inter politics

48 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Hope he ‘Stayezy’

Pretty good footballer, but I think Warne probably see’s him as a luxury item. You know, an old 3.5l V8 Rover, just being driven at 35 miles per hour. Warne wants newer models, happy in the 1.6 cc range, but wants them to be driven at 70 miles per hour, in 3rd gear. He wants to hear his engines squealing.

4 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

Basically he appeared not to know and was vague about it. But he said it in such a way that made me think he was suggesting we have a 35 year old who doesn't want to work as hard as everyone is being asked to 

My impression of McGoldrick was that he's a hard worker and presses a lot off the ball. Warne also wanted to sign him in the summer.

With the amount of pressing and running that PW expects players to do, even a fully fit McGoldrick will see less minutes than he would have under LR.  Can't expect someone McGoldrick's age to have as much in the legs as a Dobbin or Osula.   However, he could still play a very productive part this season.  Didzy has got quality that no one else at the club possesses and is a joy to watch at times.  I hope PW can manage to get the best out of him.  

14 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Was McGoldrick with the squad yesterday or not? Did anyone see? 

No. He was injured - a groin strain apparently, and will be out for 2 - 3 weeks.

At his current appearance rate, and the fact that he is good when he plays, he will have about as many good matches as Tom Lawrence used to have, but without all the crappy ones in between!

23 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

Basically he appeared not to know and was vague about it. But he said it in such a way that made me think he was suggesting we have a 35 year old who doesn't want to work as hard as everyone is being asked to 

Yes that is how i saw this as well,maybe told to go away and work on personal fitness before being considered in the team,was very strange how PW came out and made out he new nothing then quickly had a excuse,if your manager you know every thing about your squad down to what they had for breakfast so not buying the fact he knew nothing

34 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Yes that is how i saw this as well,maybe told to go away and work on personal fitness before being considered in the team,was very strange how PW came out and made out he new nothing then quickly had a excuse,if your manager you know every thing about your squad down to what they had for breakfast so not buying the fact he knew nothing

Yes, an odd reaction which stood out. Can't believe he didn't know how McGoldrick was after saying previously that he'd wanted him at Rotherham. Maybe the two of them have 'issues' which is why McGoldrick didn't fancy Rotherham? *shrug* 

McGoldrick is the glue that knits together midfield and attack. One incisive ball or touch from him will create a goal.

If PW has watched our videos he will have been impressed.

Dobbin is young and keen but we haven’t seen much end product from him yet.

Running around is all very well but the number of goals next to your team’s name is the important bit.

I’m sure Didzy will be back soon.

On 02/10/2022 at 13:18, Gerry Daly said:

To be honest, if that's the case it's fine.  The team is vastly better when he's in it.  So if he want's to sit out the John Beck style training with hoses of cold water that's fine as we'll get what's needed when he plays.  We've had a few like that and generally they don't train as hard as technically they don't need the same amount in the tank.   

It was a wierd moment, but I think Warne's slightly disinhibited speech has already thrown up some oddities, like the Bird is good looking stuff which came out of nowhere. Let's not forget that after he confirmed an injury he also praised McGoldrick's ability. In earlier interviews he said no-one had annoyed him.  I really hope there is nothing in this.

Edited by Andrew3000

Thought those comments were something of nothing really. I always find it odd that they ask about injured players more than the ones who have actually played. He went on to praise him, so hopefully McGoldrick has a big part to play, quality will count even if in short bursts.