McGoldrick

inter politics

2 hours ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

When Rooney signed, some of his touches, vision and passing were the best I've seen from a Derby player in donkey's years.

DM has the same level of skill but with vastly superior general mobility and proper, decent pace over the first 5 yards.

He also has a magical ability to get his body in the right place to deny opponents a sniff of getting the ball, thus drawing fouls........seemingly invisible to the Accrington ref.

For me, best signing in ages........amongst a lot of decent LR signings.

Also we happen to be playing in the third division! - recently we have been playing a lot of the more naff teams which has helped but let’s enjoy it ! 

On 03/01/2023 at 18:34, Steve How Hard? said:

Love his sublime, silky skills and obvious footballing intelligence. However what caps it for me is that he still has a hunger and passion for the game.

So many pros get to his stage of their careers and you can see it a mile off that they're just going through the motions for that final pay day. 

Absolutely love that desire and fire in his belly. Something tells me though that no player would get within a million miles of a Paul Warne team if they didn't give 100%. 

So so right. You can see the enjoyment in his whole body language. That last game was like kids at break time, yey let’s get out there and play. Another poster talked about him being the big kid in a class of little uns .. “give it to Didsy” .. and he wants it too. 

I might be venturing in to hyperbole but there are breeds of sportsmen. The dedicated scientist and technician type, the snarling terrier type, the cocky and arrogant and then you get those who just love playing the game for the sheer unbridled fun of it. I get the feeling at this stage of his career McG is playing for joy. I hope he’s as happy here as I am with his style ability contribution and attitude. 

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

And not only is he a magician up front, when he tracks back to defend he really defends. Doesn’t just impressionistically waft himself around the place like some others. We concede plenty of goals as a result of attacking minded players tracking back then prancing around like Monet’s water lilies  

I’m a fan of Monet. Just trying to picture in what way his lilies ‘prance’. ?