McGoldrick

inter politics

3 hours ago, BondJovi said:

Rooney was younger and also had a vastly superior level to come down from. If Rooney had even played to half the level McGoldrick currently is when we resumed after the covid break, we would never have been close to relegation. 

I wonder how Warne would have managed Rooney.  

Never expected this much quality from McGoldrick though. Ridiculous.

Wasn't Rooney about 35 when he ended his career at Derby. The same age (give or take a month or two) as McGoldrick is now?

Also, regardless of what level they came down from it's impossible to say how Rooney would have performed against the teams I mentioned or how McGoldrick would have performed against the teams we faced in the Championship that season (sorry, I can't remember which games Rooney played in). Also, Rooney was playing in a team struggling at the wrong end of the table not one in the play off places.

I'm not trying to take anything away from how amazing McGoldrick. I'm just suggesting there are too many variables to compare his contribution to what Didzy is doing.

As I said elsewhere, if Hourihane is a cheat code McGoldrick is a Game Genie.

On Rooney... it's not really about the specific age, he'd already started to drop back into midfield at Man Utd & Everton, and although he was (according to transfermarkt) played as a striker at DC United, well it was at DC United. McGoldrick was still playing in the PL when Rooney was in the MLS 

4 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

On Rooney... it's not really about the specific age, he'd already started to drop back into midfield at Man Utd & Everton, and although he was (according to transfermarkt) played as a striker at DC United, well it was at DC United. McGoldrick was still playing in the PL when Rooney was in the MLS 

My Action Replay ruined my Pokémon FireRed ?

4 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

Rooney's performance in this one game makes him a hero for every Derby fan in Utch who has to live and work with Stokies.

If Didzy does this to Stoke next season, assuming they stay up, then he will be elevated to this level of worship. 

• 3 weeks later...