Rosenior or Warne?

IslandExile

Rosenior or Warne?  

284 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It’s not an easy question, because I have so much respect for Liam Rosenior and would’ve been happy to see him take on the job for the next 18 months. 

However, if it was my money on the table and promotion was required this season to stem further bleeding then I would absolutely go with Warne. 

Emotional choice would be Rosenior, business choice would be Warne. 

I'd have like to have thought that LR would have gone on to become a good manager. It might be just me, but I felt quite a few of our wins came last gasp or a 5 min spell where we played really well. I hated the knocking it around at the back. Possession means nothing if you don't have an end product.

He may end up being the wrong choice, who knows, but at this moment in time I'd go for Warne.

I can see Liam becoming an excellent coach, similar to McLaren, but I think he'll be a bang average manager.

Abstain.

Warne has three promotions under his belt at this level and would be a great appointment if there was a vacancy.

But I'm not sure there was a need for the vacancy...LR has had us playing some quite nice stuff, albeit lacking in goals at times (I felt they'd come). Can't help but feel that there's more to this than first meets the eye.

Think Rosenior needs a club that isn’t seen as a scalp by 90% of the division if I’m honest. most clubs happy to watch us pass between Cashin and Davies pick their moment to press and punish us on the counter or by forcing an error. 

some great football at times but how much is down to him? You put 11 good players at this level together and they’re going to occasionally click and produce good play. 

I like Rosenior but like others I was a little concerned when I saw his team talks. Doesn’t look like he’s got a bollocking in him. I think he’ll be a successful manager but I think he’ll need to do it out of the limelight at a smaller club where he can overachieve. Overachievement probably isn’t possible here due to the size… 

Warne is a strange one. Sure he’s been promoted 3 times but has only managed one club. It’s a big risk for him and for us. 

Im hoping to see a more direct style (direct doesn’t mean Hoofball, Liverpool play direct but wouldn’t call it hoofball it’s just about moving up the pitch quickly and dangerously at the expense of controlling the whole match). 

24 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Can't help but feel that there's more to this than first meets the eye.

Me too.

At the time of the anti-vaccination brigade, the Trump supporters and the climate change deniers, I read an article about why people turn to conspiracy theories. It's in uncertain times when they cannot understand what's happening.

That's like me now. I am convinced that Rosenior was on the right track. I am convinced that Clowes is a sensible man with the club's best interest at heart.

The decision, on the face of it, doesn't make sense to me. I hope there's something else behind the scenes - that Rosenior is off to Brighton, demanded a 5 year contract on double the wages or something.

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

Me too.

At the time of the anti-vaccination brigade, the Trump supporters and the climate change deniers, I read an article about why people turn to conspiracy theories. It's in uncertain times when they cannot understand what's happening.

That's like me now. I am convinced that Rosenior was on the right track. I am convinced that Clowes is a sensible man with the club's best interest at heart.

The decision, on the face of it, doesn't make sense to me. I hope there's something else behind the scenes - that Rosenior is off to Brighton, demanded a 5 year contract on double the wages or something.

What don’t you get about Roseniors record .

Its bang average

21 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Shane Warne Delivery GIF

A great analogy actually for the likely contrast in style. Under Rosenior I’ve felt that our victories at home have been purely based on individual guile (Hourihane, McGoldrick) and not teamwork and we’re too predictable. Under Warne we will have more zip, more directness and a little bit of X Factor. 

I can see the logic in getting a manager with 3 promotions under his best to get us out of this division.....but he's only ever been at 1 club and Eddie Howe didn't do too well the first time he left Bournemouth....I don't know how I feel right now about it, I liked Liam and wanted him to have a good go at it, but also feel something wasn't working and maybe a change now is right.....time will tell............that was the long way of saying, I'm sitting on the fence, I ain't got a clue about this ??

Edited by BriggRam