Rosenior or Warne?

IslandExile

Rosenior or Warne?  

284 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, CBX1985 said:

Truth is, though, we have signed players who needed work.  We were a top choice for that level of player who wanted work.  But we didn't choose them; they were simply available.  We would likely have had similar players with practically any other manager.

That may be true, but would they have signed with Warne in charge? Many of them had other clubs interested in signing them. 

22 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Herta Berlin. We also have Jake Rooney who I believe we will see a lot more of this season playing CDM enabling Bird to play with freedom in midfield.  

This definitely and I think we should have signed Ryan Glover after his trial 

35 minutes ago, Crewton said:

That may be true, but would they have signed with Warne in charge? Many of them had other clubs interested in signing them. 

Why not, Warne is the man with the record of promotions from this league. Whilst Rosenior might have put the 'project' across well I'm sure Warne could have done similar.

Saddened for Rosenior, but the away form was a concern. I think David Clowes has taken on a lot of financial responsibility, buying both club & stadium when he was only buying the latter at first. I think this is a decision made to try to ensure we get out of the division within two seasons at the most & getting back in the Champ'ship would probably allow the club to generate more income (attendances, tv revenue), taking the burden off Mr Clowes, who I think probably wouldn't mind other suitable interested parties assisting him (i.e. fellow local businessmen/associates injecting some investment).

We probably need a certain level of crowds to break even, say around the 27k, and whilst the Championship brings more expense, Warne has been used to managing under a budget, and in fact has seen players poached by clubs a division lower, so he'd probably receive more support if he did get us promoted in terms of budget (middle range for the division, competitive) than he did at Rotherham ((90% less than the rest of the division, apparently), but not something that would jeopardize the club's future after recent events.

Heart said Rosenior, head understands why the new owner took the decision (cold, unsentimental) for the ultimate financial well-being of the club. I think it's less of the knee-jerk, Mel Morris type of decision (ego/headlines), and one taken to give us as good a chance of getting out of the division as quickly as possible. This season may be about rebuilding things and having a tilt at the play-offs; a few other sides, like Ipswich, are further ahead in terms of development, and maybe next season, with a full pre-season, you'd expect us to be the front-runner if we do not manage promotion this season.

I didn't know a great deal about Warne, browsed one article (training ground guru), which gives the impression that he possesses Rosenior's human qualities as a man-manager, but has the proven experience. Rosenior was a gamble (unknown quantity), Warne, a more calculated risk. Of course, it doesn't always work out like that, but Warne does know what it takes to get out of the division.

Edited by Asanovic70

3 minutes ago, Asanovic70 said:

Saddened for Rosenior, but the away form was a concern. I think David Clowes has taken on a lot of financial responsibility, buying both club & stadium when he was only buying the latter at first. I think this is a decision made to try to ensure we get out of the division within two seasons at the most & getting back in the Champ'ship would probably allow the club to generate more income (attendances, tv revenue), taking the burden off Mr Clowes, who I think probably wouldn't mind other suitable interested parties assisting him (i.e. fellow local businessmen/associates injecting some investment).

We probably need a certain level of crowds to break even, say around the 27k, and whilst the Championship brings more expense, Warne has been used to managing under a budget, and in fact has seen players poached by clubs a division lower, so he'd probably receive more support if he did get us promoted in terms of budget (middle range for the division, competitive) than he did at Rotherham ((90% less than the rest of the division, apparently), but not something that would jeopardize the club's future after recent events.

Heart said Rosenior, head understands why the new owner took the decision (cold, unsentimental) for the ultimately financial well-being of the club. I think it's less of the knee-jerk, Mel Morris type of decision (ego/headlines), and one taken to give us as good a chance of getting out of the division as quickly as possible. This season may be about rebuilding things and having a tilt at the play-offs; a few other sides, like Ipswich, are further ahead in terms of development, and maybe next season, with a full pre-season, you'd expect us to be the front-runner if we do not manage promotion this season.

I didn't know a great deal about Warne, browsed one article (training ground guru), which gives the impression that he possesses Rosenior's human qualities as a man-manager, but has the proven experience. Rosenior was a gamble (unknown quantity), Warne, a more calculated risk. Of course, it doesn't always work out like that, but Warne does know what it takes to get out of the division.

Superb assessment @Asanovic70. See the Supporters Charter meeting post from today that gives further insight and backs up your summary. 

image.thumb.png.6d1413f0c4428642925b7c9c523b9360.png

These sorts of poll usually attract around 200-220 responses so would suggest that this outcome is strongly representative of the core DCFCFANS Forum members and that around 2/3rds of Rams fans see this as a sensible move. I'm sure LR is gutted right now but he should take solace that we all recognise his tremendous contribution and that we all see that he has a great future ahead. We hope he sticks around with Derby County because he is clearly one of us. We need the whole club and in particular the fan base to unite once again because if last season showed anything, it was that with the fans as "one voice" we add another 20% to the Team's effort on the pitch.  I'm really looking forward to PW's tenure. I'm sure things may not always go to plan, but let's show PW and his staff what a brilliant football club they have committed to when the players emerge at Cambridge and that next home game V Port Vale. COYR! 

On 22/09/2022 at 07:34, IlsonDerby said:

Think Rosenior needs a club that isn’t seen as a scalp by 90% of the division if I’m honest. most clubs happy to watch us pass between Cashin and Davies pick their moment to press and punish us on the counter or by forcing an error. 

some great football at times but how much is down to him? You put 11 good players at this level together and they’re going to occasionally click and produce good play. 

I like Rosenior but like others I was a little concerned when I saw his team talks. Doesn’t look like he’s got a bollocking in him. I think he’ll be a successful manager but I think he’ll need to do it out of the limelight at a smaller club where he can overachieve. Overachievement probably isn’t possible here due to the size… 

I would say that getting a message over to the players, is more likely to be received if delivered coherently, than as a shouty bollocking. 

his manner has attracted these players to the club. 

6 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

These sorts of poll usually attract around 200-220 responses so would suggest that this outcome is strongly representative of the core DCFCFANS Forum members and that around 2/3rds of Rams fans see this as a sensible move. I'm sure LR is gutted right now but he should take solace that we all recognise his tremendous contribution and that we all see that he has a great future ahead. We hope he sticks around with Derby County because he is clearly one of us. We need the whole club and in particular the fan base to unite once again because if last season showed anything, it was that with the fans as "one voice" we add another 20% to the Team's effort on the pitch.  I'm really looking forward to PW's tenure. I'm sure things may not always go to plan, but let's show PW and his staff what a brilliant football club they have committed to when the players emerge at Cambridge and that next home game V Port Vale. COYR! 

Presume you weren’t at Lincoln to see the abuse that Rosenior got from some fans at the end.

13 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Presume you weren’t at Lincoln to see the abuse that Rosenior got from some fans at the end.

There are always those fans who will vent their spleen; I watched on TV and was just numb afterwards given how naive we were on the pitch. That result I suspect will have been a disproportionate weight in the decision-making given the holes it showed up in our approach.   

2 hours ago, Ellafella said:

It's 2022 and people are not using night theme?! That white hurts my eyes and brain.

5 hours ago, bcnram said:

I would say that getting a message over to the players, is more likely to be received if delivered coherently, than as a shouty bollocking. 

his manner has attracted these players to the club. 

There’s a difference between needing to get across tactical tweaks and needing a reaction when better quality players are losing their individual battles on a pitch,

When Rosenior got made interim manager I said on this forum that it was a possibility he was only made interim rather than being permanent because it might have been better for him personally at that time, ie it might have been his request, rather than what the club wanted, or at the least mutually agreed.  The logic being that if he didn’t do too well or he felt out of his depth he could step back without having to leave the club.  Not sure that is what happened but it is a possibility?

I have always wondered whether or not he is able to deliver a bollocking.  This doesn’t have to be shouty, but sometimes you need to be able to tell people what they don’t want to hear or put them straight, and he might have baulked at that.

I have listened to a number of the moment of truth podcasts that Paul Warne is featured in.  I was rather worried having seen a few short clips (including the one on this thread), but I have to say what I have heard so far makes me think he is a decent bloke, able to make difficult decisions and deliver said bollocking when required, but have a human and understanding touch at the same time.  Ie he comes across as a decent man manager.  You can tell he has teaching qualifications for sure, and his experience comes through.

I voted Warne because I think he has the potential in the longer term to get the best out of our players, and I think he sees the potential in our club.

Just the my meanderings, and if it all goes to a ball of chalk or makes no sense,  I can blame it on the horrible head cold I have at the minute…

9 hours ago, Ellafella said:

There are always those fans who will vent their spleen; I watched on TV and was just numb afterwards given how naive we were on the pitch. That result I suspect will have been a disproportionate weight in the decision-making given the holes it showed up in our approach.   

Agree.  I also agree with earlier comments that we were too near the knuckle at home in games it felt we could coast. We were never going up if we need 100% of our points from home games.

Much has been said about LR's loyalty to the club, but he did go for an interview for the Blackpool job. That didn't come to fruition and I don't know the reason for that, but if he went for the interview, he must have been prepared to leave us if the offer had been good enough. Surely, a loyal man wouldn't have even gone for the interview?