Rosenior or Warne?

IslandExile

Rosenior or Warne?  

284 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've voted Warne reason is that if the club owner and his advisors think he is the man for the job, then go for it. At the end of the day Mr Clowes is the owner and he will get on with the job.

LR has done a reasonable job, but there have been some poor stuff, and dubious tactics and selections. IT was always made clear he was an interim manager, and the club were looking for a permanent guy.

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

If we'd brought Warne in at the start of the season, and allowed him to sign players that he wanted for the system that he wants to play, I'd have supported that, even though I might not enjoy the style of football (assuming he'd play similarly to his Rotherham team). But given that we've got a squad 80% of which has been signed by Rosenior, I'd have stuck with him for the season at least, unless it was made clear that the squad wasn't happy with him and his coaches. 

Allegedly this was our plan, or the idea was at least floated. I'm only going off a twitter comment but it intrigues me somewhat.

Did the players help encourage the interim role for LR to occur? Did Warne wish to wait and see what backing he got from his chairman? Was it to do with time constraints and wishing to keep any form of continuity we could until the season was properly underway? and so forth. I think there will still be questions unanswered.

However, if Warne is indeed our new manager then he isn't too bothered about not making the recruitments himself, as he would feel he could achieve promotion with the tools he has, so to speak.

Screenshot_20220922-101544_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

No RB though. Don't you think that many of the signings had made up their minds to sign when Rooney was going to be here, I do.

The point is whether they thought they were signing for Rooney or Rosenior, it was with a particular football philosophy in mind. We've praised clubs who maintain their playing style through numerous managerial changes by making the manager fit the style. Thiose clubs generally are less wasteful in their recruitment. I'm sure all of us hope that this isn't Clement - Pearson - McClaren - Rowett - Lampard -= Cocu V.2

33 minutes ago, Crewton said:

The point is whether they thought they were signing for Rooney or Rosenior, it was with a particular football philosophy in mind. We've praised clubs who maintain their playing style through numerous managerial changes by making the manager fit the style. Thiose clubs generally are less wasteful in their recruitment. I'm sure all of us hope that this isn't Clement - Pearson - McClaren - Rowett - Lampard -= Cocu V.2

Maybe. But you don't know how the next manager will set them up.

Plus, all footballers know how things can go with managers, they can change in the blink of an eye!

59 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

I've voted Warne reason is that if the club owner and his advisors think he is the man for the job, then go for it. At the end of the day Mr Clowes is the owner and he will get on with the job.

LR has done a reasonable job, but there have been some poor stuff, and dubious tactics and selections. IT was always made clear he was an interim manager, and the club were looking for a permanent guy.

We don’t really know what the interim agreement was do we ?

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Maybe. But you don't know how the next manager will set them up.

Plus, all footballers know how things can go with managers, they can change in the blink of an eye!

That's true, and I'm aware that Rovrum fans are saying they've been playing a more fluent style this season, I'm just pointing out that the appointment on the face of it doesn't fit with the philosophy of many of the clubs we're often admiring.

10 minutes ago, Crewton said:

That's true, and I'm aware that Rovrum fans are saying they've been playing a more fluent style this season, I'm just pointing out that the appointment on the face of it doesn't fit with the philosophy of many of the clubs we're often admiring.

I admire clubs in the Prem and Championship.

15 hours ago, Crewton said:

If we'd brought Warne in at the start of the season, and allowed him to sign players that he wanted for the system that he wants to play, I'd have supported that, even though I might not enjoy the style of football (assuming he'd play similarly to his Rotherham team). But given that we've got a squad 80% of which has been signed by Rosenior, I'd have stuck with him for the season at least, unless it was made clear that the squad wasn't happy with him and his coaches. 

Truth is, though, we have signed players who needed work.  We were a top choice for that level of player who wanted work.  But we didn't choose them; they were simply available.  We would likely have had similar players with practically any other manager.

1 hour ago, europia said:

Liam for style of play, integrity,  and being an articulate communicator. Warne for a no frills chance of promotion. 

Liam for style of play? I found it largely ponderous, bordering on Cocu ball which for the most part was boring. Too much possession and not enough real penetration. I for one am looking forward to quicker, exciting football.