Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

3 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I agree that whether or not Warne is right is a separate question. But Rosenior has a right to feel hard done by in my opinion.

At the start of pre-season we barely had any playing staff, it was a short pre season, we could spend 0 money, we could offer limited wages and there were structural problems at the club to fix like barely any scouting staff. That's a difficult proposition no matter how you cut it and I think most would have said it would have been a great season at that point if we ended up in the playoffs. 

Yet he'd managed to scrap a competitive squad together, started to coach us into something cohesive and after 9 games we were in touching distance of the playoffs. Where there issues to be solved ? For sure. Did he make mistakes? Again for sure. But overall that to me was a good job that deserved more time especially given that you would expect things to pick up over time as cohesion in the squad grew.

I'm generally opposed to changing managers mid season unless it's overwhelmingly necessary, so in my opinion to change a manager who doing pretty well after such a short period of time is harsh.

I’m not really even in the camp that he deserved more time. Football is a fickle business, and Liam will know that more than most.

I am just disappointed how it ended. The last 12 months has been a siege for the club and the supporters, and Liam made a huge contribution during that time. He provided a lot more to the club in my view than would have been expected of a first team coach/interim manager. Even from the South Coast I felt a tremendous sense of unity about the club during that period, and arguably it was my favourite season for many a year because of the shared togetherness of what we were all going through. In my opinion the decision to move Liam on should have been explained to us on Rams TV by either David Clowes or one of the Executive Team. I think some clarity on why he was let go would have been appreciated by many a supporter, and a heartfelt thanks - rather than a website message - was the least Liam deserved. It would have been a more fitting closure, and probably a better way too for Paul Warne to be introduced to the fans too. My opinion, for what it is worth, is that far too much fanfare has been given to the new man, with Liam pushed through the back door.

Anyway that’s my last post on the subject. Hopefully we get a win today, and results/performances improve consistently over the weeks and months ahead, so the actual decision can be justified.

9 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

It's not being obsessed,it's a simple fact that being interim means exactly that.

Clearly from day one,derby were looking for a successor to Rooney and Liam was never going to be it.

Really. If LR had got us in to the top 2 ?

Oh give over, Rosenior wasn't hard done by. 

We haven’t won away or scored a goal all season. If that was a new manager that had come in at the start of the season, he would be questioned whether he was going to come good. 

Liam was interim for a reason. He was stop gap until somebody with more experience if this league became available. 

Theres absolutely no comparison between LR and PW - one has been there and done it and the other one couldn’t win away from home for love nor money. 

PW’s Barmy Army 

17 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Oh give over, Rosenior wasn't hard done by. 

We haven’t won away or scored a goal all season. If that was a new manager that had come in at the start of the season, he would be questioned whether he was going to come good. 

Liam was interim for a reason. He was stop gap until somebody with more experience if this league became available. 

Theres absolutely no comparison between LR and PW - one has been there and done it and the other one couldn’t win away from home for love nor money. 

PW’s Barmy Army 

Ok, he needs to get in the play offs then as the bare minimum ?

21 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Really. If LR had got us in to the top 2 ?

Well,even if the job had relied on his performance,not scoring away or indeed winning away this season would have done for him in any case.

He gave it a go which is to his credit and will stand him in good stead for the future.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Well,even if the job had relied on his performance,not scoring away or indeed winning away this season would have done for him in any case.

He gave it a go which is to his credit a d will stand him in good stead for the future.

He got us to 7th…quite an achievement in my book. Warne needs to get us in the play offs at least to make the decision the right one.

53 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I agree that whether or not Warne is right is a separate question. But Rosenior has a right to feel hard done by in my opinion.

At the start of pre-season we barely had any playing staff, it was a short pre season, we could spend 0 money, we could offer limited wages and there were structural problems at the club to fix like barely any scouting staff. That's a difficult proposition no matter how you cut it and I think most would have said it would have been a great season at that point if we ended up in the playoffs. 

Yet he'd managed to scrap a competitive squad together, started to coach us into something cohesive and after 9 games we were in touching distance of the playoffs. Where there issues to be solved ? For sure. Did he make mistakes? Again for sure. But overall that to me was a good job that deserved more time especially given that you would expect things to pick up over time as cohesion in the squad grew.

I'm generally opposed to changing managers mid season unless it's overwhelmingly necessary, so in my opinion to change a manager who doing pretty well after such a short period of time is harsh.

As always this is an opinion thing and nobody can say for sure if Liam would have got better as we went along or if warne will go on to be just what we need but my feeling watching us was that Liam / Rooney did we’ll lining up players to come in and I thought we looked impressive against charlton which gave my hope we would do very well but it seemed to go backwards and I wondered if Liam was coaching the fluidity ,tempo and urgency out of the team , of course i may be wrong but that’s just how it felt having watched every game ,home at pride park and away on rams tv ,

only time tells with this stuff 

10 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Don’t think he’ll blink. 2 seasons in div 1 is far from a disaster for DC   And he’s seen  all the good MM’s blinking did for us 

Maybe but ultimately 7th wasn't good enough for Rosenior, so I'm not convinced it will be good enough for anybody else. 

I hope you are right thats hes learned from MM's tenure and I agree that 2 seasons in League 1 is far from a disaster.

3 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Maybe but ultimately 7th wasn't good enough for Rosenior, so I'm not convinced it will be good enough for anybody else. 

I hope you are right thats hes learned from MM's tenure and I agree that 2 seasons in League 1 is far from a disaster.

4 year contract suggests otherwise.