Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

6 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Weren't you saying DC should hurry up and appoint LR a couple of weeks ago Brailsford? A fortnight is along time in football.  

My point was that it was time for a decision to be made - that was always going to be David Clowes decision and I would have supported it either way. Warne had not been mentioned at that time. At the time I would have been happy for Rosenior to be appointed. I became more doubtful having watched the Plymouth and Lincoln games and the fact that Rosenior seemed reluctant to change the system when it was clear that other teams had now worked out how to counter our possession game. I think you will find that I said that if he was not prepared to change, we could not challenge for an automatic promotion place and the best we could hope for was to maybe challenge for a play-off spot.

With Warne's appointment all options are again a possibility.

We all know that talk is cheap but it was nice to hear somebody talking with a point, and not just run of the mill platitudes.

He sounds charismatic and I couldn't decide whether he reminded me of Sean Dyche or Gary Rowett, please god let it be the former.

Hope he makes a good start because the last thing we need is for him to under pressure after 3 or 4 games because if he is to be successful then the fans must be patient.

3 hours ago, cosmic said:

Warne addressed this. Says he's bezzie mates with the Sheff Wed manager at the time and was disappointed they were both going down.

I'm not sure I buy that explanation. In the original interview after saying "that's disappointing (that Derby were staying up)" he went on to say, under his breath, "the less I say about that, the better".

But anyhow, all in the past, water under the bridge. Time to move on and look forward.

After all, we forgave Charlie giving the popside the two fingered salute.

Well, he nailed sone obvious key points. Which was a fecking relief!The lack of players at peak age, the need to move the ball fast, to improve at set pieces, get more crosses to strikers, to run more and the absolute necessity of access to good black coffee. I thinknhe noticed we only have a kid for right back and kids fir back up strikers too but didn't want to say it aloud.

Referring to yourself as a comedian is a bit David Brent. 

55 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

My point was that it was time for a decision to be made - that was always going to be David Clowes decision and I would have supported it either way. Warne had not been mentioned at that time. At the time I would have been happy for Rosenior to be appointed. I became more doubtful having watched the Plymouth and Lincoln games and the fact that Rosenior seemed reluctant to change the system when it was clear that other teams had now worked out how to counter our possession game. I think you will find that I said that if he was not prepared to change, we could not challenge for an automatic promotion place and the best we could hope for was to maybe challenge for a play-off spot.

I am sure you are right Brailsford. TBH I never thought we were likely to challenge for automatic, but the Plymouth and Lincoln games were worrying as we seemed to be getting worse not better. Anyway let's see what Warne can do.   

Came across really well, love the honesty and also that he brings a sense of humour to it all, football media can be too serious at times so I am all for it.

From listening to him, Collins & Knight are going to be right up his street in terms of how they press constantly. I look forward to us pressing high, fast & with intensity. I remember when Rotherham beat us at home a few years ago, they ran all over us, pressed high, fast & relentlessly.

1 hour ago, Brailsford Ram said:

You actually said LR needed to be appointed on a permanent basis and quickly, before he was tempted away by another club.