Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

10 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Everyone is getting behind Warne Now. He is as honest as the day is long.He said on our transfer restrictions- He wanted to shop at Marks and Spencer , but had to make do with Rola Cola. He also said their had been no offers for players. No matter how good we think Bird, Knight , Sibley and Cashin are, when was the last time a Prem team paid a couple of £ mill for a 3rd tier player?

Here's a few:

22/23 - Twine, Darling, Morris

20/21 - Toney, Dickie, Moore, Bonne, Robinson, Lopes

19/20 - McCallum, Clarke, Lowe, Vaulks, Baptiste, White, Bayliss

18/19 - Khazri, McNair, Borini, Lens, Marriott, Konsa, Asoro

8 hours ago, Archied said:

Would we be top 2 if he had come in at the start of the season?

we're where we are due to both Rosenior with good recruiting and Warne with how hes organised us and got us looking a fitter team who work hard and are playing well.

like we were succesful because of Cloughs astute recruitment and Macs coaching and style of play he got us playing 

9 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Will it fit over your sombrero?

Happy belated birthday Mucker ???

Saturday was a two hats day for me , I wore my Alaskan road kill hat for the cold but bought a cap in the rams tore to wear under it as it was a low sun blinding day from the east stand 

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Saturday was a two hats day for me , I wore my Alaskan road kill hat for the cold but bought a cap in the rams tore to wear under it as it was a low sun blinding day from the east stand 

Did you walk by me on stair 30? I also regretted not taking a cap.

On 22/01/2023 at 20:59, Mucker1884 said:

I don’t even know what this implies, but literally today… 2 days after my 60th birthday… I bought my first ever bobble hat! ?

Is it infatuation, or mere coincidence? ?‍♂️

Pink Beanie GIF by Gym+Coffee
gym + coffee….. that’s perfect for PW. Maybe in pink for a B4 special too 

We saw his tactical nous last night.  Clearly the plan in the first half was to get the ball up to Barks & NML as soon as possible to match up their 2 wide CBs, but once it was obvious it wasn't quite working he stopped them doing it in the 2nd.

Also in his post match interview he said it turned into a game where no football was being played through the middle of the park, so he changed it up and went 4-4-2, and got it out to the wings more.

I love the guy more & more with every passing week...

2 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

The question is, if he can get us out of league 1, can he get us out of the Championship? 

I think he could. 

As others have pointed out, at Rotherham he was working with a tiny budget.  Even with our business plan in place for next season he'll be able to attract better players.  Even though the squad the have right now, on paper, should be good enough for the middle of the Championship.

Don’t want to criticise Clowes with what he’s done, but shouldn’t Warne have been appointed sooner if that was always the route he was going down?

seems like we wasted some games with Rosenoir and getting the players up to speed with Warneball.

That gap to the top 2 is probably too much now and if we don’t go up I expect we’ll lose Knight, Bird, old players another year older…

31 minutes ago, littleover ram said:

Don’t want to criticise Clowes with what he’s done, but shouldn’t Warne have been appointed sooner if that was always the route he was going down?

seems like we wasted some games with Rosenoir and getting the players up to speed with Warneball.

That gap to the top 2 is probably too much now and if we don’t go up I expect we’ll lose Knight, Bird, old players another year older…

Are you being serious?

Clowes had literally only just got his feet under the table and needed to assess where the whole club was before making decisions. If anything, he acted quicker than most thought he would. 

And that gap is 8 points if we win our game in hand and still have to play them. Take a look at both fixtures and tell me by the time we play Plymouth we couldn't overtake them.