Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

5 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

If there's agreement between Derby and Rotherham then what's the problem - isn't that how the vast majority of transfers happen?

Agree no problem at all but the OP was setting up Warne as a man of high morals and dignified behaviour. How does Warne leaving before the end of his current contract demonstrate he is a man of high morals and dignity? It is fair enough but I can't argue high morals and dignity off the back of that.

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

Not a fan of this decision. It absolutely stinks of short term thinking which I thought we'd all had enough of under Mel. In the long term Warne has not shown he can do an adequate job in the second division which is where we want to be. As a result of this we're ripping up the playbook 11 games in and giving the reigns to a bloke who's style of football is antithetical to the one we've been playing? I just can't make it make sense. I agree Rosenior could have done better, I've felt at times quite critical of our tactics and performances even when we've won games but this is a damn stupid appointment. 

Your assuming that it was solely DC's doing. How do you know that LR kept on rejecting the contracts offered him, wanting more money etc. How do you know that DC hasn't got fed up with the delays and said, ya know what let's look elsewhere. 

LR said negotiations was ongoing so it wasn't as if he wasn't offered something.

Disappointing decision for me.  I'm not sure that we'd have been promoted under LR but I'm not sure we will be promoted under the new man either and LR would at least have tried to do it with class and dignity.  After the MM years this would've been enough for me. 

Obviously easy for me to say as I'm not the one who has used my own money to save the club so understand that things are totally different for DC.

2 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Your assuming that it was solely DC's doing. How do you know that LR kept on rejecting the contracts offered him, wanting more money etc. How do you know that DC hasn't got fed up with the delays and said, ya know what let's look elsewhere. 

LR said negotiations was ongoing so it wasn't as if he wasn't offered something.

Maybe so. Was said that he turned down Blackpool because the terms weren't what he wanted.

4 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

We need to wait for a full statement from all parties.

38 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Yep I'll go with that, If the Morecambe game hadn't have been postponed we would have played 10 league games plus the cup games, 10 is a good figure to get to see what when and how things are shaping up.

A decision looks to have been made ?

I agree.  10 games is an excellent point, and so much better than 9 games... especially when it comes to working out an average points per game tally!   ?

58 minutes ago, bcnram said:

Hasn’t Warne had four or five seasons to build a side capable of staying in the Championship more than one season? Why has he failed at that? I hoped for better decisions from our Chairman. 

Rotherham fans are saying Warne is dropping down a division and will get treble his wages at DCFC. How long before the EFL look into this . If true ??‍♂️

Contract until 2026, his staff joining too, article thanks Rosenior and gives some rationale for decision but doesn’t make it clear if LR is gone.

DET article says LR still on the staff https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/breaking-derby-paul-warne-manager-7614044

Edited by Caerphilly Ram
Added DET article

10 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Rotherham fans are saying Warne is dropping down a division and will get treble his wages at DCFC. How long before the EFL look into this . If true ??‍♂️

No doubt they have all had the opportunity to examine the contract offered, assuming there is one, in minute detail. These are probably the same people who asserted that we paid big fees and and huge wages to all our new signings

44 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Nowhere did I mention DC. As I said, I think Warne's appointment (no matter its circumstances) was overly rash, short sighted and for me destined to fail. 

1 hour ago, YouRams said:

An even classier thing to do would’ve been to hire an adviser (Redknapp, Mac etc) if he needed help and shown some loyalty back. Warnock gets laughed at being mentioned for manager but in a more senior advising role he’d of been perfect. 

You're assuming that this option wasn't mooted and that LR would agree to it