Bielik at Brum

Ramrob

3 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Oh I’m all too aware he will likely move on this summer regardless. But to read into those specific quotes that he has “closed the door” on Derby is nonsense as he quite literally says he hasn’t, that’s the post I was responding to. 
As good as a fit Bielik can be on a football pitch I think it best for all parties if he did move on. He and his contract/fee are part of the Morris legacy. Moving him on and reinvesting the wage budget it frees up makes sense to me in this new chapter for the club. 

As a poster has said...it's a stock bog answer to a hacks question, We'll not see him play again in a DCFC shirt imo, Wages will be to high, He or agent will be working on his next move...loan, I doubt someone will pay a fee except loan fee with only a year left on his DCFC contract.

He's not pulling up any trees in Birmingham, His best bet will be abroad...or with some luck...Forest spunking £30million for him. 

On 13/04/2023 at 12:53, The Last Post said:

As a poster has said...it's a stock bog answer to a hacks question, We'll not see him play again in a DCFC shirt imo, Wages will be to high, He or agent will be working on his next move...loan, I doubt someone will pay a fee except loan fee with only a year left on his DCFC contract.

He's not pulling up any trees in Birmingham, His best bet will be abroad...or with some luck...Forest spunking £30million for him. 

If you can’t watch Rams tonight. Brum are on Sky v Millwall . Won’t be a classic with Brum in the bottom 8.Millwall kicking anything that moves. Beilik got 70 odd mins at the weekend and it will be interesting to run the rule over our £10 mill investment. 

A loan isn't  what I expect DCFC would want. We really need to recoup some cash by selling him. 1 year left on his contract, so maybe £2M if we're lucky. Send him out on loan and we get nothing back apart from not having to pay his wages or part of them. If there's no sale and nobody interested in a loan then it's £20K a week and he plays for us. He'd be looking to put himself in the shop window, one would hope, and that would benefit DCFC as well as KB himself.

15 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

A loan isn't  what I expect DCFC would want. We really need to recoup some cash by selling him. 1 year left on his contract, so maybe £2M if we're lucky. Send him out on loan and we get nothing back apart from not having to pay his wages or part of them. If there's no sale and nobody interested in a loan then it's £20K a week and he plays for us. He'd be looking to put himself in the shop window, one would hope, and that would benefit DCFC as well as KB himself.

If we can't cover his wages with a loan, we should either play him or be prepared to let him go for either very little or even a free. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/04/2023 at 11:17, ram59 said:

If we can't cover his wages with a loan, we should either play him or be prepared to let him go for either very little or even a free. 

Looks like Brum have been bought by Wagner. They should now take Beilik off our hands . Warne could bring in 3 players with the £25k a week saved.

7 hours ago, europia said:

Or stupid. The transfer fee (allegedly) paid for this player was ridiculous. 

You can say that’s In hindsight and perhaps reckless is a better term. But if he stays fit and storms the championship for a couple of seasons. Irrespective of our status as a club we probably make a profit. 

Then this season we loan him out probably assuming that if he stays fit he’ll be class and we can recoup a significant amount back. Only for him to stay fit and look gash. 

29 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

I'll be surprised if we get a big enough fee to cover what we have to pay Arsenal, so given the loss how can we talk about budget we have freed up? I doubt any deal to offload him will free up any budget given the huge loss incurred on him.

We pay Arsenal no matter what so that has already been budgeted for. Selling Bielik means we free up his wages and receive a fee which then enters to pot for us to spend on wages and/or transfer fees 

13 hours ago, europia said:

Or stupid. The transfer fee (allegedly) paid for this player was ridiculous. 

Absolutely. Looking back, I can't believe more wasn't made of this. I suppose it's because the fee was undisclosed and we can't know how much was dependent on performance related clauses, but the 8 million reported is insane for a player who'd had a single good season in league 1.

21 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

I'll be surprised if we get a big enough fee to cover what we have to pay Arsenal, so given the loss how can we talk about budget we have freed up? I doubt any deal to offload him will free up any budget given the huge loss incurred on him.

He's going into the last year of his deal, therefore his book value will be roughly £2m - in terms of accounting. In terms of what we owe Arsenal, unfortunately that ship has sailed. The loan to Birmingham has been a disaster in terms of value. 

A horror show at the world cup, followed by another season struggling in the Championship. Add to his extensive injury history and wage. The list of suitors for him will be incredibly short. He's a good player, we know he is, but post COVID the list of suitors for him will be incredibly small. No manager in the Premier League is going to be banging the table for him and Championship clubs just aren't spending money. 

A move abroad would be our best hope, but we will see. 

Should have come back to play for us after the World Cup. Very disappointed he didn't. I'd have thought that would have made a big difference to our finishing position, even if we'd never have caught the top 2 considering what they ended up with. But I'd happily see him turning out next season, as we will need consistent quality to make the automatics.