Who s enjoying league 1?

Archied

39 minutes ago, angieram said:

Spot on, Brailsford. Even at Fleetwood when there was a choice, fans insisted on standing in the seated area from about Row three backwards. It will be the same at Morecambe too.

Yet the standing area nowhere near sold out yet.

I blame B4?

1 hour ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

League Cup gives a good opportunity to win silverware. Derby have been awful in this competition apart from one season. Shame- the teams that have won in my lifetime like - Birmingham, Leicester, Swansea, Boro, Blackburn generally have not won much else in living memory. I've become disinterested in cups ONLY because we tend to field weakened sides and its very annoying. 

it's an opportunity but not a GOOD one.

In the last ten years it's only been won once by a team other than the top 6 (Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U, Man C and Spurs).

Since the turn of the century (23 finals), it's only been won 5 times by a team other than the top 6.

Since the turn of the century, it's never been won by a team outside of the Premier Leagye

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

I was saying for decades that FA Cup replays were outmoded.

Its a knock out competition, with random draws where anyone can play anyone, anywhere. Great, just get it done.

As a Derby fan its definitely better just having a result on the day...going to lower /similar league team potentially to scrap out a bore draw isn't much fun.

Premier League teams more likely to put out stronger teams too, which ultimately is what fans want.  Lots of lower league would also instead of 'going for it' play for a home 0-0, hoping for a return away leg to generate money, whereupon they would only get beat..still to a weakened team.

But if it wasn't for hard earned away draws, and bringing the replay back to home soil, nobody would know that Steve Cherry even existed!  ?

55 minutes ago, angieram said:

Spot on, Brailsford. Even at Fleetwood when there was a choice, fans insisted on standing in the seated area from about Row three backwards. It will be the same at Morecambe too.

Yet the standing area nowhere near sold out yet.

Wondering about this for tonight’s game, with the South stand closed are those that usually stand in the South stand expecting to do the same in the east stand. It’s looking like it could be very close to a sell out so not much scope for moving seats especially three together, not that we should have to.

30 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Wondering about this for tonight’s game, with the South stand closed are those that usually stand in the South stand expecting to do the same in the east stand. It’s looking like it could be very close to a sell out so not much scope for moving seats especially three together, not that we should have to.

Never thought about that, I hope not. I'm treating it like an under 21s game, no standing then.

33 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

1400ish seats left in the east stand.

Really enjoying this season so far. After 14 seasons straight in the Championship i was glad to get out, tbh it didnt bother me if it was up or out the bottom. All those seasons waking up having to drag yourself to another game against Preston, QPR, Bristol City, Blackburn, Reading. Then as if that wasnt bad enough you had teams with truly moronic support, the likes of Brum, Millwall, Boro, Stoke etc, its a horrible nasty desperate place the Championship and im glad to be out of it for a bit.

Ive found myself going back to how i first followed the Rams. Couple of beers at lunch, something to eat and just enjoy the game. A quick flick in the evening to see the scores down the leagues and thats it really. Don't care about the Prem or Championship, not even too bothered about who's where in Division one yet

I'm enjoying it so far, but that wouldn't last if we start to struggle, and there's unique circumstances.

With whats happened the last two years, I'm just glad to get back to football, on field talk not what's happening behind the scenes. Its nice to see some different faces after so long in the championship as well.

But as much as I'm enjoying it, going up won't fill me with overwhelming joy and emotion, it will be more relief and job done type thing. And I dont expect to go straight up but if we are here in two years getting ready for a third In this division, any novelty will have well and truly worn off.

• 3 weeks later...

Is it just me, or is anyone else really enjoying Derby playing football outside of the televised, media saturated nonsense?

Games mostly at predictable times, less messing about. Something a bit more simple and 'pure' about it all.

Don't get me wrong, I cannot wait for us to get back up at some point to start rubbing people's face in it, but I'm enjoying this season so far.

It certainly makes a change from the same old same old!

The style of football is completely different but the standard of play so far has been nothing short of amazing.

The hard fought matches have been exciting and victory has been no easier to achieve.

Sheer hard graft, 100% effort and never able to switch off for a second is the order of the day.

Am I enjoying League one?

You bet your life I am!

However, a swift return to higher divisions would be perfectly acceptable!

It’s a rollercoaster!

Defence leaves space behind, you cringe, your hands go over your eyes then suddenly Cashin stretches a boot  and all is well.

On the attack we string together three Premier League class passes; our winger streaks down the wing, you check who’s in the box, the ball sails over….. everybody.

Just as you finish slagging off this week’s scapegoat, he does something heroic and you tell your friends you knew that was going to happen.

It’s good to be back.