Bobby Duncan signed for Real Balompedica

TheHomunculusLives

27 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I was on about Buchanan?

Reading back, I can just about see that. 

However, the person you were responding to was talking about Bobby Duncan, on the Bobby Duncan thread. 

You can see how I got crossed wires.

I've seen with my own eyes Buchanan was indeed involved with the Joiners incident.

1 minute ago, Macintosh said:

It is interesting to note that since Jordan Ibe's transfer to Adanaspor, on a three-year contract, he has yet to play for them. You can only imagine how bad it is for him right now, stuck in Turkey, with no end to the suffering.

Yes. Obviously we don't know his current circumstances but, given his state of mind, you do have to wonder why his agent thought it was a good idea for him to sign for a club in a foreign country where they speaks a different language and, I assume, have a different culture. I wonder how many friends and family he has around him for support. I guess money talks.

On 24/07/2022 at 11:27, Tamworthram said:

Yes. Obviously we don't know his current circumstances but, given his state of mind, you do have to wonder why his agent thought it was a good idea for him to sign for a club in a foreign country where they speaks a different language and, I assume, have a different culture. I wonder how many friends and family he has around him for support. I guess money talks.

Hopefully it's not as bad for him as it might sound. Adana is only about 20 miles inland from the Mediterranean coast and Turks are generally very hospitable, as most people who've holidayed there can testify. Though that doesn't guarantee he won't feel isolated, maybe being well away from the spotlight will help. The fact that he hasn't played yet doesn't sound great however. 

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Hopefully it's not as bad for him as it might sound. Adana is only about 20 miles inland from the Mediterranean coast and Turks are generally very hospitable, as most people who've holidayed there can testify. Though that doesn't guarantee he won't feel isolated, maybe being well away from the spotlight will help. The fact that he hasn't played yet doesn't sound great however. 

I think and hope you’re right. My concern wasn’t meant as a slur on Turkish people but, regardless of how widely English is spoken , it must be difficult living and working in a country where their first language is different to yours.

10 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

Last contract that waster gets anywhere, I'll bet.

That's maybe a bit harsh. 

We took a low risk punt, based on his previous reputation at Liverpool and Man City.

It hasn't worked out, but I doubt it's cost us a great deal, and now he's moved on to a lower level in a foreign land. 

Sometimes children don't develop into the adults we'd like them to, and it's not necessarily down to the person themselves.