Bobby Duncan signed for Real Balompedica

TheHomunculusLives

I remember last summer he chose not to move to Denmark in a permanent move.

A few was agreed between derby and the danish team if I remember right however he chose not to for whatever reason. I’m assuming he hasn’t been seen much since then!

28 minutes ago, tings said:

I remember last summer he chose not to move to Denmark in a permanent move.

A few was agreed between derby and the danish team if I remember right however he chose not to for whatever reason. I’m assuming he hasn’t been seen much since then!

There was also talk of him going to Plymouth on loan I think, and suggestions that he refused to go. 

It could all be linked to his personal issues, so it's hard to know what the truth is. 

1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

His past reputation appears to suggest he is struggling with life. He seems to be a talented footballer but cannot put that into practice. 

Like I've said above, its easy to judge without knowing the facts. Its obvious he's not going to play for us but whatever demons he's facing lets wish him well for now.

What, struggling with life like throwing a tantrum when Liverpool wouldn’t let him leave? Demanding first team football at Fiorentina as soon as he arrived, then doing the same here after poor performances for the U23s? And then refusing to turn up for training after he failed to get himself a transfer, despite us still paying him. 

He doesn’t seem like a man struggling to me, just a man who thinks he’s way more talented than he actually is and has a divine right to first team football because of who his cousin is. 

12 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

He doesn’t seem like a man struggling to me

Perhaps not. Or perhaps a narcissistic and/or delusional personality is part of a wider mental health issue triggered by issues he has which you have no knowledge of?

One person's excuses are another's contributing factors.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

6 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Like I've said above, its easy to judge without knowing the facts. Its obvious he's not going to play for us but whatever demons he's facing lets wish him well for now.

I'm not that fussed about him either way actually, so this will come out harsher than I feel.  But I'm not sure why he gets a pass....and Lee Buchanan who has played well for the club, worked hard and is probably just taking his agent's advice to try and further his career ...is fair game?

Maybe Lee has a relative who needs horrendously expensive medical treatment which is only available overseas or more realistically maybe he comes from a family who have always struggled and has an overwhelming desire to make sure his parents no longer have to worry. 

There are always reasons for someone's actions and to mitigate them. Fact is Duncan came with a massive reputation for having an overinflated opinion of his ability coupled with an attitude he shouldn't have to start at the bottom and work hard to get what he feels he deserves. Having never met him I have nothing to base my opinion on other than what other people have said, but he has produced the sum total of absolutely zero for his time here, so forgive me for thinking maybe they weren't far wrong.

As for sympathy, well we have been in administration and people have lost their jobs and businesses have been paid back years later a tiny percentage of what was owed to them, so any sympathy would lie with them, not a young lad who appears to have been getting paid a decent wage to do what he wants to do. If he doesn't like it, he has a club to advise him and could go to college and re-train to do something that he does like, just like hundreds of thousands of other people have to do.

Edited by Chester40

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

I'm not that fussed about him either way actually, so this will come out harsher than I feel.  But I'm not sure why he gets a pass....and Lee Buchanan who has played well for the club, worked hard and is probably just taking his agent's advice to try and further his career ...is fair game?

Maybe Lee has a relative who needs horrendously expensive medical treatment which is only available overseas or more realistically maybe he comes from a family who have always struggled and has an overwhelming desire to make sure his parents no longer have to worry. 

There are always reasons for someone's actions and to mitigate them. Fact is Duncan came with a massive reputation for having an overinflated opinion of his ability coupled with an attitude he shouldn't have to start at the bottom and work hard to get what he feels he deserves. Having never met him I have nothing to base my opinion on other than what other people have said, but he has produced the sum total of absolutely zero for his time here, so forgive me for thinking maybe they weren't far wrong.

As for sympathy, well we have been in administration and people have lost their jobs and businesses have been paid back years later a tiny percentage of what was owed to them, so any sympathy would lie with them, not a young lad who appears to have been getting paid a decent wage to do what he wants to do. If he doesn't like it, he has a club to advise him and could go to college and re-train to do something that he does like, just like hundreds of thousands of other people have to do.

One of them hasn’t used a legal loophole in our hour of need to break out of a contract he damn well signed. Hope that clarifies the difference between the two… 

On Bobby - I hope he’s got the right people around him and I hope he gets himself back on track. 

Lots of big clubs have given him a chance which means there must be something there and he’s since ditched the agent who had him demanding to leave Liverpool so probably recognises that was poor advice? 

Anyway glad to see a few have written him and his entire character off based on rumours and guesswork. Probably the same sort who didn’t want CKR because they heard he was Mr Bigtime. Funny how that worked out eh? 

5 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

What, struggling with life like throwing a tantrum when Liverpool wouldn’t let him leave? Demanding first team football at Fiorentina as soon as he arrived, then doing the same here after poor performances for the U23s? And then refusing to turn up for training after he failed to get himself a transfer, despite us still paying him. 

He doesn’t seem like a man struggling to me, just a man who thinks he’s way more talented than he actually is and has a divine right to first team football because of who his cousin is. 

When we talk about mental health, far too often keep a narrow view in terms of depression/anxiety. There are lots of forms of depression and anxiety, lots of trigger points, and lots of ways it may manifest itself in behaviours. A very common one is a theme of self-sabotage, which this lad has a history of. There are also many other mental health problems a person can suffer beyond depression, with varying degrees of severity, which a footballer is just as likely to suffer as any other human being on the planet.

Most importantly though, the question of how all of this pertains to Bobby Duncan is something you know absolutely zero about. Stop talking.

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

One of them hasn’t used a legal loophole in our hour of need to break out of a contract he damn well signed. Hope that clarifies the difference between the two… 

How do you know Buchanan isn't depressed that Liam doesn't rate him and has told him Fozzy is his number 1 left back, but he chooses not to say so? Or that Duncan is egotistical and entitled but has got a representative who has floated the idea he is struggling with his mental health to divert attention from his diva-ish behaviour?

I've no idea and I dare say neither have you. Why is it OK to criticise one but not the other, unless that's personal choice - which exactly what 'you' are criticising other people for.

Seems pretty hypocritical to me is my point.

We have no reliable reports about why Duncan has disappeared off the face of the earth, but we have media reports, a farewell message from the player and "banter" from his new club that tells us reliably that Buchanan has signed for another club whilst under Contract to Derby County Football Club. Fans don't care about the nuance of whether, legally, he was entitled to tear up his Contract, or whether he needed the money for some noble purpose. All they see is a player who's been nurtured by the club and given every opportunity to shine walking out on a contract he willingly signed, at a time when the club was at its absolute lowest point, and doing so in a way that seeks to ensure that the club gets zero compensation for the time, effort and money expended on him. Fans are therefore entitled to draw conclusions on his character based on some pretty damning evidence. 

42 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Fans don't care about the nuance of whether, legally, he was entitled to tear up his Contract, or whether he needed the money for some noble purpose. All they see is a player who's been nurtured by the club and given every opportunity to shine walking out on a contract he willingly signed, at a time when the club was at its absolute lowest point, and doing so in a way that seeks to ensure that the club gets zero compensation for the time, effort and money expended on him. Fans are therefore entitled to draw conclusions on his character based on some pretty damning evidence. 

Thats just finding pretty lame bits of 'evidence' to back up your view

But I don't have an issue with it, that's your perogative. Although much of what you are suggesting are the issues arent of Buchanan's doing!

Plus how much of this above could equally be levelled at Duncan?

I'm fine if people to say nothing about either or pile into the one they feel is less at fault, based largely on conjecture. What bugs me is people calling out other posters for doing so on a forum; then doing the exact same thing themselves!

Anyway.  Will say no more. Bored myself !

Was a young player that's not worked out for whatever reason.

It happens and there's more to becoming a successful professional footballer than just having talent for it. The old 99% perspiration 1% inspiration etc.

The game demands a lot and not everyone who is talented has the will or the ability to meet all the other demands of professional elite sports. 

2 hours ago, Premier ram said:

some of the comments on here are out of order , nobody knows the truth about Bobby Duncan , but if he is struggling with issues in his life then i for one send him my best wishes and support for a speedy recovery , then hopefully he can pull on a Rams shirt and show us what he can do

Hear hear hear buddy

If he struggling mental illness the last thing he needs people abusing him he needs support around I would like to see what he can do.

Even if it is under 21 to start him off slowly and build him to a point were he can maybe break into the first team player.

16 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

You obviously have far greater knowledge than I about the lad, doesn't really change my point though, the reasons he acted like you believe he has done can be many and varied and I would argue that he is somewhat damaged, or struggling, to act in the way you describe in the first place.

He's hurting himself by his actions.

12 hours ago, Chester40 said:

I've not posted about Lee Buchanan so unsure of the reference to him in your reply tbh.