Matchday Thread - Derby County v Oxford United (30/07 15:00)

Sean

Sibley’s introduction made a huge difference.

That’s the thing. Decent ball carriers moves the opposition out of position more than possession football (unless you pass at the speed of a PL side).

We were slow in possession. But getting NML, Sibley and Knight running on the ball moved them out of position and created the space.

I don’t think we can have Bird, Smith and Hourihane as a midfield three. All too similar possession players. We need a runner in there.

Edited by Bris Vegas

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Sibley’s introduction made a huge difference.

That’s the thing. Decent ball carriers moves the opposition out of position more than possession football (unless you pass at the speed of a PL side).

We were slow in possession. But getting NML, Sibley and Knight running on the ball moved them out of position and created the space.

I don’t think we can have Bird, Smith and Hourihane as a midfield three. All too similar possession players. We need a runner in there.

Could that be Knight? ? 

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

I was crying out for him to play CM. Sibley on such form is another option in there.

I think we’ll see knight in there when we have a RB in. His energy is a must for me in this league. His running should create more space/options for Hourihane to do his stuff.