Alfreton Town vs Derby County (Match Thread)

cannable

4 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

The vast majority of those aren't even playing tonight anyway

Even more reason to:

Over It Reaction GIF by Cameo

But quite a few commentators seem to be getting extremely vexed by both individuals and the team performance.  

When I were a lad, I’m pretty sure nobody gave a flying fudge about pre-season games.

Some of the drama junkies on here! Wowsers. 

It's a friendly.

We've fielded young lads and trialists who have never played before as a team and will never play together again.

Expecting even individual players to shine in the circumstances is bonkers, regardless of how good they are 'supposed' to be.

I'm so glad we have the best fans.

Just now, ram59 said:

What needs to be taken into consideration, is that the Alfreton team have spent a full pre-season playing together, we've got a side of players who played bits of games here and there, not necessarily at the same time.

Can't be having that, these players are professionals with a core fitness with ever ache and pain and nutritional requirement taken care off. The other team will be up at six to go to work. 

1 minute ago, RodleyRam said:

Some of the drama junkies on here! Wowsers. 

It's a friendly.

We've fielded young lads and trialists who have never played before as a team and will never play together again.

Expecting even individual players to shine in the circumstances is bonkers, regardless of how good they are 'supposed' to be.

I'm so glad we have the best fans.

Pathetic isnt it

39 minutes ago, jameso said:

Can't disagree with most of what you wrote there (or even half of this sentence!) but - genuine question: are you discounting the Smith chance from Robertson's setup, and the Cashin header?

Cheers. I thought about counting the Cashin header as a proper chance but the header was actually from a long way out. Yes it was almost a goal, but for a good clearance, but I suppose I'm thinking about the sort of moment when you would expect someone to score. I don't actually remember Smith having a chance in the first half, but that's likely the vino!

Good goal in the second half from Robertson and Everton's looked lively. But my frustration is we're effectively playing with 6 at the back (not counting the keeper), the way Thompson and Smith join the centre halves in the middle of defence and collect the ball, before playing it sideways or back. With only 4 players in the entire team not playing in defence, it's no wonder we don't create much.