Alfreton Town vs Derby County (Match Thread)

cannable

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

“Proved beyond doubt” ??‍♂️ a few mins in the pre-season friendlies so far, played less that one half so far tonight in a cobbled together team in which it seems none of them are really playing well, scored as many goals and provided as many assists in preseason as our recent striking recruit but yeah we should definitely write him off at this point ? 
He’s a young player, learning the game, is one of our few contracted players in a limited squad and our recruitment options are severely restricted, what about waiting to see if and how he’s contributed after a few of the league games before we end the lad’s career? 

Proved over 2 years or more. He should be loaned to a non league set up & learn how to lead the line before he comes back into our set up. Plange was far better with goals and he took his chance whereas Stretton fails again. 

17 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

Maybe a squad not full of starters, but the more I see of Stretton, the more I feel he isn't upto the required standard, now or in the future.

Sorry to be so negative here, it's really not like me regarding our youngsters

No I agree mate.

He's nowhere near it. I don't think Thompson is either.

I know he's a rams fan and tries hard... but someone like Sibley should be able to dominate a game like this. I don't think we'll see much of him this season but I hope he proves me wrong and comes good. Same applies to Stretton but i'd probably be looking at a loan for him

This is what I’ve missed! 26 days ago we didn’t have a club,no owner,5 players,no season tickets sold,no kit or sponsor and a couple of weeks behind in the pre season fitness stakes.Now the club is safe,we have an owner,15,000 season tickets sold and 11 new players signed with more to come.All other areas of the club improved and work in progress on those that haven’t.

How soon we forget..?

Glad I spent the fiver as it goes to the club and it's interesting to see how this lot do. Not very well it turns out. Again we've not created a single proper chance because of the way we play. Oduroh has really struggled and given the ball away loads. Is it the pitch that he's never encountered coming up through the Man City academy? But Thompson too. And Darren Robinson isn't in the game at all and might as well not be on the pitch. 

It would probably be better if he wasn't as then we'd maybe have Sibley in midfield, which we really need. Sibbo has been head and shoulders the best player on the pitch. Strong, skillful, always looking forward. Always looking to use the ball in a positive way. But playing too high up the pitch is a waste of his talents. 

Cashin is a proper defender. I would have him as well as Sibbo in the starting lineup. 

We can't cope with their aerial power in the box, and we're not stopping the crosses coming in. 1-0 to Alfreton at HT.

1 minute ago, Magicman said:

Proved over 2 years or more. He should be loaned to a non league set up & learn how to lead the line before he comes back into our set up. Plange was far better with goals and he took his chance whereas Stretton fails again. 

Or suppose he stays as part of the squad, builds combinations with the players around him, gets a good run without injury and learns while he’s here? Players develop at different rates, Plange had come from Arsenal’s academy and did a good job in the u23s playing in tandem with Stretton I believe, both scored goals. Plange perhaps more suited to a lone striker role, what if Rosenior wants to go two up top and plays Stretton up top with Collins or McGoldrick? 
You seem so keen to write the kid off, I don’t think he’s had the best start in terms of overall contributions and also the circumstances of the few opportunities he’s had (basket case club in desperate times) but in my opinion that’s no reason to give up on him yet. He’s a Derby player who has my support, managed and coached the right way he still has every opportunity to contribute. 

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Again we've not created a single proper chance because of the way we play.

Can't disagree with most of what you wrote there (or even half of this sentence!) but - genuine question: are you discounting the Smith chance from Robertson's setup, and the Cashin header?

1 minute ago, nogbad van 50 said:

This is what I’ve missed! 26 days ago we didn’t have a club,no owner,5 players,no season tickets sold,no kit or sponsor and a couple of weeks behind in the pre season fitness stakes.Now the club is safe,we have an owner,15,000 season tickets sold and 11 new players signed with more to come.All other areas of the club improved and work in progress on those that haven’t.

How soon we forget..?

I don’t think anyone has forgotten, we are just embracing the moment and resuming normal service. ?. It’s great isn’t it ?

The knives are out, as are the champ manager aces, wannabe PL scouts and Sky pundits. It’s bliss and joy. I’m loving it. 
now Strettons career is over, what are the odds he scores ! 

But I am worried about Tommo, he was so consistent last season .. wassup ?

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Sibbo has been head and shoulders the best player on the pitch. Strong, skillful, always looking forward. Always looking to use the ball in a positive way. But playing too high up the pitch is a waste of his talents.

I thought he was poor tbh.

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Glad I spent the fiver as it goes to the club and it's interesting to see how this lot do. Not very well it turns out. Again we've not created a single proper chance because of the way we play. Oduroh has really struggled and given the ball away loads. Is it the pitch that he's never encountered coming up through the Man City academy? But Thompson too. And Darren Robinson isn't in the game at all and might as well not be on the pitch. 

It would probably be better if he wasn't as then we'd maybe have Sibley in midfield, which we really need. Sibbo has been head and shoulders the best player on the pitch. Strong, skillful, always looking forward. Always looking to use the ball in a positive way. But playing too high up the pitch is a waste of his talents. 

Cashin is a proper defender. I would have him as well as Sibbo in the starting lineup. 

We can't cope with their aerial power in the box, and we're not stopping the crosses coming in. 1-0 to Alfreton at HT.

Play Sibley in his best position? But surely it's better to play him out of position, take him off at HT if he's not played well in his first start in ages, not play him again for a month and destroy his confidence.