Alfreton Town vs Derby County (Match Thread)

cannable

2 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

Oh boy that was a laugh ?

We really struggle on a poor pitch, we expect the ball to move as it does at Pride Park.

We need to adapt quickly, or it will be another season where we may have a strong home form but terrible away record.

To be fair this team we've put out is not even close to being full strength. They're all under 21 apart from 4 players

Just now, Rammy03 said:

To be fair this team we've put out is not even close to being full strength. They're all under 21 apart from 4 players

But these are the players we could see as soon as we get an injury.

One to Collins and Stretton is the next striker. Stretton needs a league two loan.

Slightly worried Rosenior only wants 4 more. 

Sloppy defending, I think from all of Stearman, Cashin and Loach. The first goal Alfreton have scored in all their pre-season. Lots of sloppiness from Thompson too. On the plus side Robertson on trial, has done well on the right wing. Stretton not looking very sharp.

Both teams should have had penalties earlier on. Thompson (who is only looking to play backwards) played a horrible sloppy ball unnecessarily backwards towards Stearman in our box but it was miles too short and the forward snuck in to knock it past the Steargoat who brought him down, but nothing given. Later, an almost identical mistimed challenge saw Robertson brought down but the ref gave a freekick on the edge of their box when it was a yard inside.

Pitch isn't great but I imagine we are going to have to get used to that this season. We really need to seize control of the match and assert ourselves.

Just now, Rammy03 said:

Completely true, however I've liked what I've seen for the past year of Cashin and Stearmann(Cashin I would put forward to be a starter alongside Curtis) both had issues with the pitch as that goal was scored.

Goalkeeper - well this is the first time I've seen him, he only played 10 minutes, probably should have done much better

2 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

Completely true, however I've liked what I've seen for the past year of Cashin and Stearmann(Cashin I would put forward to be a starter alongside Curtis) both had issues with the pitch as that goal was scored.

Goalkeeper - well this is the first time I've seen him, he only played 10 minutes, probably should have done much better

We really need to start doing more of this when required.  The only way we'll get ought from Collins anyway.  

Looks like we're trying to use full backs to start attacks and getting crosses in. Although Alfreton totally in control at the moment winning the 50-50s. 

Oduroh's last ball upfield went straight out of play. Forsyth getting forward well, looks like he's playing for a contract.

Smith looks smart, trying one twos, good movement.

Sibley doing plenty of running, put a few half decent corners in.

Loach has had a good touch and a couple of easy saves. That shouldn't be happening. We've headed over with a few crosses but not tested the keeper.

We look disorganised in defence and their tall striker is winning everything.

6 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

But these are the players we could see as soon as we get an injury.

One to Collins and Stretton is the next striker. Stretton needs a league two loan.

Slightly worried Rosenior only wants 4 more. 

4 more is about right, assuming Fozzy re-signing is a formality.
Another keeper, another right back, a wide forward option, and a central forward. Get those 4 correct and it would pretty much give us depth with a couple of players for each position and some flexibility with formations. Things would be stretched if we’re cursed with a couple of injuries but that’s the reality of the situation currently.

1 minute ago, DerbyRam! said:

Maybe a squad not full of starters, but the more I see of Stretton, the more I feel he isn't upto the required standard, now or in the future.

Sorry to be so negative here, it's really not like me regarding our youngsters

It's not negativity, if they aren't good enough then they aren't good enough. It was the same with Whittaker. If we don't see it in the first team then you can't keep giving him chances. Not all of our academy  players will make it.

Forsyth & Oduroh having an absolute nightmare. Can’t keep the ball and impossible to play the way Rosneior wants if the full backs aren’t comfortable on it. Cashin & Stearmna equally as poor too.  

Too many players deep when we are building meaning Stretton is so isolated (as was Collins on Saturday). Can’t play like this in league one.

Boring to watch too. No tempo or forward thinking to our play. 

Edited by Ramdale

Just now, Ramdale said:

Forsyth & Oduroh having an absolute nightmare. Can’t keep the ball and impossible to play the way Rosneior wants if the full backs aren’t comfortable on it. Cashin & Stearmna equally as poor too.  

Too many players deep when we are building meaning Stretton is so isolated (as was Collins on Saturday). Can’t play like this in league one. 

image.png.5ce6fa7ea1f62939dd546e10441dcd4c.png

3 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Stretton is too small to lead the line . In action seems slow and has no sense of how to hold the ball up. Proved beyond doubt he has to be moved on. 

“Proved beyond doubt” ??‍♂️ a few mins in the pre-season friendlies so far, played less that one half so far tonight in a cobbled together team in which it seems none of them are really playing well, scored as many goals and provided as many assists in preseason as our recent striking recruit but yeah we should definitely write him off at this point ? 
He’s a young player, learning the game, is one of our few contracted players in a limited squad and our recruitment options are severely restricted, what about waiting to see if and how he’s contributed after a few of the league games before we end the lad’s career?