Alfreton Town vs Derby County (Match Thread)

cannable

6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Seems like we needed that game - on to Saturday 

Lol .. I’m waiting for the “we need a reaction to that result” 

meh, pre season, fitness, giving players a run out, experiments. Nothing to see move along there.

It all starts Saturday .. 3 points up for grabs and none of them will be used to chip away at a deduction isn’t that sweet  .. Thank you DC 

Edited by jono

7 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Great post, totally agree

I wont lie i was hoping that LR might move away from this pratting about at the back game thats deemed risk to reward

derby more often than not run a high risk with it and im not sure a season of “up for it” teams and dodgy pitches is going to allow us to get the reward too often

There is not going to be a lot of dodgy pitches in League one, the standard of pitches in proffessional football as vastly improved. We've just played a team in the 6th tier of English football, with a team of trialist (at least 3 played) and others who have only got a few minutes match time under their belts. Some that were in the squad tonight will play more U23 football than 1st team football. Liam Rosenior did state this match was arranged to give players more match time and that did include the trialists. He also stated that there will be more players coming in (at least 4). The window shuts on the 1st September (that's 36 days away). We have attracted some good players and playing out from the back does have a risk, but having the right quality in midfield will bring more success than failure. 

It might be a slow start for us, with having so many new faces. But quality will always win more than losing. I'm not going to predict that we will romp this league, but I will stick my neck out and state we will be in the top half of the table.

19 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I'd understand some of the comments more if we were playing with a strong side with a lot of our top players and experienced players. But we weren't. 

It's almost as though they shouldn't have bothered announcing it as a pre season game, as it seems like it was a kick about for the kids...... 

I read very little into this result.  Casual play leading to the goals, a cracking goal by Robertson.

Roll on Saturday…

• Opportunity to give more game time to those who need it 
  • Opportunity for trialists to show what they can do 
  • Local game financially benefitting a smaller club 

I don't get why some people are so bothered by the result, we went and we enjoyed the occasion. Yes the performance wasn't the best but what do you expect when you put 11 people that aren't used to playing together on the pitch. Saturday will be a completely different story, competitive game, full (ish) squad, big occasion. Buzzing for it.

Edited by Lander
bullets

Robson lad impressed me tonight played well desevse that goal but on a whole a little bit concerning these lads been thrown togather so going to take time to gel.

But on little bad note some little idouts teenage lads outside the ground terrace bit trying claim In but stewards stopped them but at half time start throwing stones and dog poo bags but after great big branch of a tree threw it into the stand that could really really badly hurt somebody but steward threw back over loads people said why did throw back over but did not come back over.

But one bloody stones hit me not very big but bloody hurt me.

12 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Robson lad impressed me tonight played well desevse that goal but on a whole a little bit concerning these lads been thrown togather so going to take time to gel.

But on little bad note some little idouts teenage lads outside the ground terrace bit trying claim In but stewards stopped them but at half time start throwing stones and dog poo bags but after great big branch of a tree threw it into the stand that could really really badly hurt somebody but steward threw back over loads people said why did throw back over but did not come back over.

But one bloody stones hit me not very big but bloody hurt me.

Glad you are okay and safe B4. There are idiots everywhere.

I thought Robertson was impressive and dangerous going foward. Do you think we will give him a contract? 

40 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I'd understand some of the comments more if we were playing with a strong side with a lot of our top players and experienced players. But we weren't. 

even if we were its a pre-season game, means nothing

18 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

It's almost as though they shouldn't have bothered announcing it as a pre season game, as it seems like it was a kick about for the kids...... 

IIRC didn't LR in a previous interview say he liked to play non-league opposition to support the local area, or words to that effect? 

There were enough first teamers to justify the trip for those that made it and put a few quid in the coffers of Alfreton Town.  Would have of course been nice to see a better performance however ? 

7 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

Glad you are okay and safe B4. There are idiots everywhere.

I thought Robertson was impressive and dangerous going foward. Do you think we will give him a contract? 

Yes we need to right now

51 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

There is not going to be a lot of dodgy pitches in League one, the standard of pitches in proffessional football as vastly improved. We've just played a team in the 6th tier of English football, with a team of trialist (at least 3 played) and others who have only got a few minutes match time under their belts. Some that were in the squad tonight will play more U23 football than 1st team football. Liam Rosenior did state this match was arranged to give players more match time and that did include the trialists. He also stated that there will be more players coming in (at least 4). The window shuts on the 1st September (that's 36 days away). We have attracted some good players and playing out from the back does have a risk, but having the right quality in midfield will bring more success than failure. 

It might be a slow start for us, with having so many new faces. But quality will always win more than losing. I'm not going to predict that we will romp this league, but I will stick my neck out and state we will be in the top half of the table.

Tbh im not really talking specifically about tonight. Playing out from the back is something weve done since cocu. Iv lost count of the number of times weve gift wrapped chances and goals to the opposition over the last few seasons 

i understand why we try and do it, but for me curtis davies and the rest of defenders strengths lie elsewhere and always have done.

im not saying just hoon it but theres playing out and there near suicide football.

we have a focal point to hit in collins i hope we use that tbh

6 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

Don't know why we can't mix it up.  Play out from the back when it makes sense and go longer when it doesn't.  Doesn't seem that difficult to me.

I think part of the issues lies with know when to do it and when not to do it. But I agree at times it makes life far far to easy for opposition.