Alfreton Town vs Derby County (Match Thread)

cannable

2 hours ago, StarterForTen said:

Very well said.

Just hope that Rosenior (and the new Board) are strong enough to ride the inevitable wave of disgruntlement when we are 10 points from 10 games at the end of September.

This squad will be a slow burner and we’ll need to focus on where we can be with 10 games to go, not where we are at 10 games in.

Exactly the league isn't won in September. As long as we're near the top at the end of the season that's all that matters

11 hours ago, Lander said:

Lo-Everton the standout for me, in a team that didn't create a great deal, he was the one that got on the ball and INSTANTLY looked forward. Temptation seems to be play safe at the moment and he was a breath of fresh air. Robertson of course decent too.

Well thats him for the subs bench at best, followed by bring sold next summer. We can’t gave players whose first thought is to move it forwards! 

12 hours ago, Lander said:

Lo-Everton the standout for me, in a team that didn't create a great deal, he was the one that got on the ball and INSTANTLY looked forward. Temptation seems to be play safe at the moment and he was a breath of fresh air. Robertson of course decent too.

Yes on the little snippet we saw I liked the look of Lo-Everton. Plus J Rooney too when he came on.

15 hours ago, Rample said:

Robertson looks good, got a bit of Ebiowei about him. Would definitely sign based just on tonight.

Sibley not had a lot service. From what I gather he's a finisher, he needs others to be setting him up. I'd be looking at a league 2 loan for him.

Talk about Freudian I meant Stretton. Sibley must have been on the ball as I wrote it. D'oh.

2 hours ago, ramit said:

Just watched the highlights.  Yikes, lots of work to do.

Yes of THAT team had to play week in week out in the league. This was basically the kids and reserve players barring Cashin I'd have thought so this team will not play a single league match as a team this season. 

They set up how I expect many teams to set up against us this season, press us and push their defence up to the halfway line to compress play and make it difficult for us to play. This is exactly how Hull did us in the playoffs but we set up in the second leg to exploit the space behinf their defence with Weimann's pace and through balls. We need to at least theaten to do this, even if playing it out is plan A and used most of the time we need to push thier back line back to make some space for us to play.

8 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

For me every single one of those should be an attacker or forward, we look woeful last night bar a great cameo from Robertson.

Hang on secound mate Robertson not signed a contract at derby unless I missed it this morning.