Oxford Tickets

Mihangel

2 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Attendances are always lower during summer holidays due to family holidays etc. I doubt it’ll be that high but would be happy if wrong. 

We have sold all seats except 988 as of a few minutes ago. Doesn't matter who turns up. If we sell those remaining seats it's a complete sell out. 

Edited by The Scarlet Pimpernel

4 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Attendances are always lower during summer holidays due to family holidays etc. I doubt it’ll be that high but would be happy if wrong. 

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

We have sold all seats except 988 as of a few minutes ago. Doesn't matter who turns up. If we sell those remaining seats it's a complete sell out. 

You are talking in different languages.  One talking Attendish, the other Saleism!  Different subject... and neither of you are wrong.

From a financial point of view, a sell out is a sell out.  Money in the bank.  Income.  Turnover etc.

But if just one of those buyers is feeling a bit poorly, or is on holiday, and they don't give their ticket(s) to someone else, then the attendance is affected.  A sell out is different to a full house/capacity crowd.

As a fan, rightly or wrongly, I tend to look at attendance figures, as opposed to tickets sold.  

Either way... Today is a great day!  COYRs.  

it's a fantastic effort. I got mine at 12:15 last night for me and my mum. Straight after, I'll be off to a wedding reception but convinced my gf as it's such a big day for the club to give me leave to go. Whatever happens today it'll be such an emotional care free day. Today is the day we officially have our club back; we can go to pride park not to march for its survival, not to chant our vitriol at the governing bodies and our former owner who almost put us in the ground and not to hope beyond hope for a miracle of survival, but rather to chant with  pride for a club on an even keel with everyone else. Long live derby county and COYR !!! 

59 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

You are talking in different languages.  One talking Attendish, the other Saleism!  Different subject... and neither of you are wrong.

From a financial point of view, a sell out is a sell out.  Money in the bank.  Income.  Turnover etc.

But if just one of those buyers is feeling a bit poorly, or is on holiday, and they don't give their ticket(s) to someone else, then the attendance is affected.  A sell out is different to a full house/capacity crowd.

As a fan, rightly or wrongly, I tend to look at attendance figures, as opposed to tickets sold.  

Either way... Today is a great day!  COYRs.  

Do we count all tickets sold as the attendance...as apposed to those going through the turnstiles?

45 minutes ago, Chellaston Ram said:

They will have declare and pay VAT so whatever attendance they give that’s the VAT they pay. I don’t think our new owners would cook the books 

I’m not sure you’re entirely right there. VAT is payable on actual VATable income received regardless of what attendance they care to announce. Therefore, they could, for arguments sake, announce an attendance of 28,000 (if that’s how many actually pass through the turnstiles on the day) even though the ticket sales may be higher (due to season ticket holders not attending etc). The clubs VAT return will not detail actual bums on seats or announced attendances.

Edited by Tamworthram

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I’m not sure you’re right there. VAT is payable on actual VATable income received regardless of what attendance they care to announce. Therefore, they could, for arguments sake, announce an attendance of 28,000 (if that’s how many actually pass through the turnstiles on the day) even though the ticket sales may be higher (due to season ticket holders not attending etc). The clubs VAT return will not detail actual bums on seats or announced attendances.

I think that you're correct there, the VAT due is based on income over 3 month periods. The VAT due on the season ticket sales will be due in the 3 month period which includes July and will have to be paid when that bill is due and not spread over the season, unless the club have come to an arrangement with HMRC to spread the payments, with a final settlement at the financial year end, when the final figures are known.