Oxford Tickets

Mihangel

7 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I think that you're correct there, the VAT due is based on income over 3 month periods. The VAT due on the season ticket sales will be due in the 3 month period which includes July and will have to be paid when that bill is due and not spread over the season, unless the club have come to an arrangement with HMRC to spread the payments, with a final settlement at the financial year end, when the final figures are known.

I wasn’t really referring to when VAT is paid on season ticket sales. I was just joining the debate on whether the announced attendance is based on total ticket sales (including season ticket holders not attending) or actual people though the turnstiles. It could be either and wouldn’t mean there is any attempt to understate income (cooking the books Chellaston was suggesting could be the case) if they announced the latter.

2 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Do we count all tickets sold as the attendance...as apposed to those going through the turnstiles?

My understanding is that the attendance is the number of turnstile clicks.

It was widely reported/rumoured that during Sam Rush's tenure, the club announcements for matchday attendances were based on ticket sales figures, but somewhere along the line, they reverted back to counting the number of Attendees.

Had one gump on twitter claiming that our attendance on Saturday was due to all of the tickets that the club gives away, saying that he had friends relatives at the university of Derby and Toyota and they all got tickets.  He thought the give aways were to the tune of 8000!

After getting over the shock that this bloke might actually have a friend and be part of the gene pool I did point out that it is normal to give away tickets to sponsors, but he seemed too thick to understand that.

Having said all of that I wonder how many the club did/do give away?

I think it is a bitter pill to for them to swallow that no matter what, that even in the PL they can’t beat the crowd we got on Saturday as the Council Ground max capacity is less than what we got…

28 minutes ago, Andrew1 said:

Had one gump on twitter claiming that our attendance on Saturday was due to all of the tickets that the club gives away, saying that he had friends relatives at the university of Derby and Toyota and they all got tickets.  He thought the give aways were to the tune of 8000!

After getting over the shock that this bloke might actually have a friend and be part of the gene pool I did point out that it is normal to give away tickets to sponsors, but he seemed too thick to understand that.

I think it is a bitter pill to for them to swallow that no matter what, that even in the PL they can’t beat the crowd we got on Saturday as the Council Ground max capacity is less than what we got…

I think it kills them that in their moment of long awaited glory and our lowest standing for decades, we’re actually the happier fans. We’re Teflon at the moment and they’re desperate to twist a knife that doesn’t exist. Though most of the knuckle draggers on Twitter probably can’t comprehend any of that.

55 minutes ago, Andrew1 said:

It is hard for them to count with their 6 fingers, 7 toes and all the webbing between their digits getting in the way.

1 hour ago, Andrew1 said:

Before Mel stopped publishing the annual accounts, our matchday revenue used to exceed theirs by as much as 25%, despite the fact that we all had free tickets that came with our mobile phone contracts ?

It REALLY stings them when we get bigger attendances than them, as we have in most seasons since PP opened. Only they know why it matters so much to them, but their predictions of attendances in the low teens has already been blown away by the sale of 19,000 season tickets and rising. It must really sting a few of them. It's bizarre. 

5 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Before Mel stopped publishing the annual accounts, our matchday revenue used to exceed theirs by as much as 25%, despite the fact that we all had free tickets that came with our mobile phone contracts ?

It REALLY stings them when we get bigger attendances than them, as we have in most seasons since PP opened. Only they know why it matters so much to them, but their predictions of attendances in the low teens has already been blown away by the sale of 19,000 season tickets and rising. It must really sting a few of them. It's bizarre. 

It’s bizarre the obsession they have. The amount of them with tweet notifications on for us is baffling. I remember when we were in the Prem and they were in League One not thinking about them at all until the play off campaigns they had. 

Just now, Srg said:

It’s bizarre the obsession they have. The amount of them with tweet notifications on for us is baffling. I remember when we were in the Prem and they were in League One not thinking about them at all until the play off campaigns they had. 

.... and yet at the same time they say that we don't matter to them anymore.... ?..... make your minds up!