Matchday Thread: 19/7/22Stevenage (a) 19:30ko.

ollycutts1982

I only started the Bradford Matchday thread because I was gagging for the footy to start again and us actually being able to concentrate on the on field action. 

2 wins later and I’m still here, we’ll currently in Florida but gotta keep it going. 

Will be another interesting one with more trialists to look at. 

Didn’t see any of the HB game so couldn’t comment on potential line ups. 

Have a safe and enjoyable trip to those going. 

COYR ??

How’s it going to pan out I wonder ? Standard 1st half with more or less expected 1st team, followed by 2nd half experimentation ? Cashin or Chester at CB ? 

Need to see more of Collins, think he’s going to be good but want to see the ball in the net a few times before being sure. 
McGoldrick and Connor to continue being creator / playmakers I would think. Roberts to continue good opening game form 

All very uplifting, unless of course we’d all still prefer talking about amortisation, creative accounting and insolvency law ?

4 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I only started the Bradford Matchday thread because I was gagging for the footy to start again and us actually being able to concentrate on the on field action. 

2 wins later and I’m still here, we’ll currently in Florida but gotta keep it going. 

Will be another interesting one with more trialists to look at. 

Didn’t see any of the HB game so couldn’t comment on potential line ups. 

Have a safe and enjoyable trip to those going. 

COYR ??

Unlucky @ollycutts1982goes to Florida when it’s sunnier and hotter in Blighty! ?

Pretty sure LR mentioned playing those that didn't get a start on Saturday would get more game time, personally I'd like to see more of the Sibley / Stretton combination, for me they do have a good understanding of each other that stems from the youth football they played,and if we don't add to the squad they may well be needed. 

15 minutes ago, leroyoftherovers said:

Pretty sure LR mentioned playing those that didn't get a start on Saturday would get more game time, personally I'd like to see more of the Sibley / Stretton combination, for me they do have a good understanding of each other that stems from the youth football they played,and if we don't add to the squad they may well be needed. 

Hey... I know... Let's see who can be first to add a laughing emoj... ooh no... too late... @Magicman has won.  What a surprise!  ?

Local one for me! Info on parking for those travelling down…fairlands valley car park is directly opposite the ground, space for around 500 cars and I believe it’s free of charge (but don’t hold me to that one).

failing that, don’t park in the roaring Meg retail park opposite as I believe it’s restricted esp on match days. If the main car park is full then you should be able to find street parking in nearby areas of broadwater or shephall , if you don’t want to pay. Which will be a 15/20 minute walk to the ground

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wildsmith

Odoruh   Chester   Chester   Forsyth

DRobinson   Tommo

Mendez-Laing   McGoldrick   Sibley

Stretton

Subs: Loach, Stearman, Davies, Roberts, Bird, Hourihane, Knight, Aghatise, Barkhuizen, Nunn, Collins

We have 2 Chester’s? Or is he doing the job if 2 men?

27 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wildsmith

Odoruh   Chester   Cashin   Forsyth

DRobinson   Tommo

Mendez-Laing   McGoldrick   Sibley

Stretton

Subs: Loach, Stearman, Davies, Roberts, Bird, Hourihane, Knight, Aghatise, Barkhuizen, Nunn, Collins

Smith must get a run out at some point? 

43 minutes ago, SKHunter said:

Is everyone driving down?  I was getting the train but no way.  Too hot anyway, even for the bus to Derby for the cricket so I'm resigned to watching it online with my feet up and some bottles o' beer 'n' cider.

No you mention it, sitting in a car for a couple of hours with the air conditioning on sounds quite appealing. ?

Some friendlies tonight are to be played as three 30 minute 'thirds' to combat the heat and offer greater player welfare during pre-season; anyone heard if that is the case for Stevenage vs Derby?

Mind you, we don't have enough players to change the team twice in a game!