Matchday Thread: 19/7/22Stevenage (a) 19:30ko.

ollycutts1982

25 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Just arrived, air con working overtime all the way, 36 degrees.

Not sure what we'd do without air con now. I remember once driving through one of the tunnels between Switzerland and Italy. The car said it was 40 degrees outside (whilst inside the tunnel). We didn't believe it so we briefly opened one of the windows. It was.

Bah humbug!!!

38 Degrees C to 40 Degrees C - is nothing compared to when I was working on a Saudi Arabian desert airfield, changing aircraft engines, and the temperature reached 52 Degrees C., that's 126 Degrees Fahrenheit in old money.

The desert heat is very dry, so God help us if it had been humid as we get in the UK. You can get used to a high temperature, but the humidity is worse.

Anybody heading down here tonight wanting a drink beforehand there is  clubhouse bar behind the away end which is for home and away fans. Other than that there is the Roebuck inn or Toby carvery which are 10-15 minutes walk away down London Road and there is a harvester on the Roaring Meg retail park. Other than that you will need to head for the town centre which is about 15-20 mins walk away

Sat in the bar in the holiday inn hotel (as you do) team bus just pulled up for pre match meal. Spoke to Jake Buxton cos he was at School with my kids, had a few words with Cashin, said he was looking forward to it, spoke to NML told him I thought he’s had a good couple of games so far, my wife’s busy getting autographs for my grandson but she’s no idea who any of the players are. Was going to have an afternoon nap but that’s not going to happen now ?

1 hour ago, ImARam2 said:

Bah humbug!!!

38 Degrees C to 40 Degrees C - is nothing compared to when I was working on a Saudi Arabian desert airfield, changing aircraft engines, and the temperature reached 52 Degrees C., that's 126 Degrees Fahrenheit in old money.

The desert heat is very dry, so God help us if it had been humid as we get in the UK. You can get used to a high temperature, but the humidity is worse.

I have never experienced temperatures as high as today - and I lived in Malaysia/Singapore for 3 years.

Saying that, when I was a lad at school in Singapore, historical records indicated that the highest screen temperatures ever recorded in London were (at the time) higher than the highest screen temperatures ever recorded in Singapore.

5 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Sat in the bar in the holiday inn hotel (as you do) team bus just pulled up for pre match meal. Spoke to Jake Buxton cos he was at School with my kids, had a few words with Cashin, said he was looking forward to it, spoke to NML told him I thought he’s had a good couple of games so far, my wife’s busy getting autographs for my grandson but she’s no idea who any of the players are. Was going to have an afternoon nap but that’s not going to happen now ?

Anyone you don't recognise there? I mean new players! ? 

Pretty sure Rosenior said he was planning to give the younger / reserve players a bit more game time in this one. I’d hazard a guess that means it’ll be the opposite to how we set up against Hertha Berlin pretty much - start with the backup team, then bring the first choice players on at 60 mins roughly. With that in mind, I expect us to start something like:

Loach

Oduroh Stearman Cashin Forsyth

Aghatise Thompson Robinson 

Nunn Stretton Sibley

1 hour ago, ImARam2 said:

Bah humbug!!!

Alright Uncle Albert! ?

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Pretty sure Rosenior said he was planning to give the younger / reserve players a bit more game time in this one. I’d hazard a guess that means it’ll be the opposite to how we set up against Hertha Berlin pretty much - start with the backup team, then bring the first choice players on at 60 mins roughly. With that in mind, I expect us to start something like:

Loach

Oduroh Stearman Cashin Forsyth

Aghatise Thompson Robinson 

Nunn Stretton Sibley

I hope we don't do that, as I'd like to see us mix it up a bit, so we can see how some of the youngsters play alongside the more experienced new signings. Otherwise, what do we learn? 

For example, Cashin at the side of Chester, Stretton and Sibley playing off McGoldrick.

But you may well be right. Missed opportunity,  if so.