Matchday Thread: 19/7/22Stevenage (a) 19:30ko.

ollycutts1982

2 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

I agree. It doesn't feel balanced. 

Must be difficult starting from scratch. Let’s see what we start the season with!

Maybe loans will happen closer to the deadline, be nice having some younger full backs and wingers.

7 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Was hard to work him out last season, had a few good games and a couple of excellent ones. Had some real bad ones though. Almost to the point that costs you the game. Think he should very much be fourth of fifth choice midfielder for us.

Eh ? Can’t agree with that, He had a couple of meh games where he didn’t show much and got caught but his consistency (at a high standard)  for the rest was amazing.

obviously I can’t comment about tonight because I’m not seeing it but to say that Tommo just had a few good games is a bit unjust IMO

Pre-season match day threads make me pee myself. So much analysis going on of players, formations and guesswork about it all translates into the season.  It’s the hottest day ever, we still haven’t got a full squad, there are players missing.  It’s a run out for fitness and to try a few things.  Could get tonked 10-0 and it would mean absolutely f-all.

Just enjoy a game of footy on a beautiful summer evening. 

2 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Must be difficult starting from scratch. Let’s see what we start the season with!

Maybe loans will happen closer to the deadline, be nice having some younger full backs and wingers.

They said Stevenage only retained something like 7 first team players so it’s a pretty new team for them as well. 

I know results don’t really matter in pre-season friendlies but we have been very poor so far and lucky to only be 1:0 down. Looks more like a first pre-season friendly than the third.

Just now, Tamworthram said:

They said Stevenage only retained something like 7 first team players so it’s a pretty new team for them as well. 

I know results don’t really matter in pre-season friendlies but we have been very poor so far and lucky to only be 1:0 down. Looks more like a first pre-season friendly than the third.

It’s raining heavy here !

3 minutes ago, jono said:

Eh ? Can’t agree with that, He had a couple of meh games where he didn’t show much and got caught but his consistency (at a high standard)  for the rest was amazing.

obviously I can’t comment about tonight because I’m not seeing it but to say that Tommo just had a few good games is a bit unjust IMO

Think boro away was terrible, Blackburn another. He had great ones like west norm at home, think was his debut. But the bad ones were that bad made it like playing with ten. He definitely needs to be a lot more positive and play more centrally.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Was more commenting on putting a squad together from scratch, by all accounts Saturday was good so hopefully tonight just a blip.