Attendance next season

NottmRAM

Looking at seats available for the Oxford game, it looks like being a sell out.

I wonder if this is down to excitement over the recent signings and new ownership or a sign of the togertherness from last season staying for next.

Either way, it would be great to have attendances in the high twenties all season.

1 minute ago, NottmRAM said:

I wonder if this is down to excitement over the recent signings and new ownership or a sign of the togertherness from last season staying for next.

Either way, it would be great to have attendances in the high twenties all season.

It would be great but, unless we somehow take the league by storm, I can't see us having attendances in the high twenties. Also, don't forget, as pointed out by others, the ticket availability for the Oxford game currently assumes all season ticket holders will renew.

Just now, NottmRAM said:

I don't think we're going to know if that's the case until the seats not taken up by existing ST holders are released, but the number of 'available' tickets does suggest it's going to be a 25K+ gate, which would be laudable anyway.

3 minutes ago, NottmRAM said:

Unfortunately, ST seats are reserved until midnight on the 29th. It only leaves a little bit of time to sell those seats on. I'll be more than pleased if we achieve 30k+.

27 minutes ago, NottmRAM said:

At the moment all reserved ST's are shown as not available. There are quite a few that have not yet renewed as the DD option is not available. So currently it probably is not near a sell out. (edit. Sorry I probably have repeated what someone else already said)

Edited by WystonRam

I think we'll get mid twenties at the start gradually declining to low twenties unless we're really ripping up the league.

Assuming we're in league 1 next season I'd expect we'll get around 20K reliably, obviously bumped up for big matches.

Still, pride park has always been better with the 20-23K committed support anyway.

1 hour ago, NottmRAM said:

Wonder where the missing 24,000 were on Saturday ? Cheap tickets and yet we only had 6,800 rams fans in attendance. Can we do a bit better v Leicester ?

16 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Wonder where the missing 24,000 were on Saturday ? Cheap tickets and yet we only had 6,800 rams fans in attendance. Can we do a bit better v Leicester ?

We were at home watching it on RamsTV ?

Seriously though, like many others I guess, I have renewed my season ticket and bought away membership but pre-season friendlies don't really interest me enough to drive up from Tamworth. I may do away friendlies for the day out (Coventry, Burton, Notts County and Walsall for example) but I've very unlikely to come to a home friendly.

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Unfortunately, ST seats are reserved until midnight on the 29th. It only leaves a little bit of time to sell those seats on. I'll be more than pleased if we achieve 30k+.

Surprised they're leaving it that late in the day really as that gives people a day or two to get those seats if they'd like them. 

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

Just had a very rough add up and I think we’re close to last Saturdays crowd already, plus I hope Leicester will bring a few more fans.

Opening games are always big ones for fans, new season, fresh hopes and all that. A lot of the half fans who turn up excited at the start of the season fade away as it goes on though, not willing to really commit their support if the going gets tough. 

There’s always a fear our attendance will go down in League One, with fans not willing to spend the money to watch that level of football, but I really hope it doesn’t. Fans should always be there to support their team, no matter what level they’re playing at. I’d love to see Pride Park packed out every week, showing how big this club is and driving the team forward. That’ll only happen if the team performs on the pitch however - so let’s hope we smash the league up and we sell out all season long!

18 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Opening games are always big ones for fans, new season, fresh hopes and all that. A lot of the half fans who turn up excited at the start of the season fade away as it goes on though, not willing to really commit their support if the going gets tough. 

There’s always a fear our attendance will go down in League One, with fans not willing to spend the money to watch that level of football, but I really hope it doesn’t. Fans should always be there to support their team, no matter what level they’re playing at. I’d love to see Pride Park packed out every week, showing how big this club is and driving the team forward. That’ll only happen if the team performs on the pitch however - so let’s hope we smash the league up and we sell out all season long!

I think you might find that some can’t afford it due to the terrible state of the economy and cost of living crisis…..will impact on numbers I think….

6 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I think you might find that some can’t afford it due to the terrible state of the economy and cost of living crisis…..will impact on numbers I think….

You would have suspected so wouldn't you. Just hope that it won't turn football into some sort of elitist event.

Was at the T20 at Trent Bridge last week paid 70 quid for a ticket, place was sold out months ago, 23 quid for 4 beers, bars were rammed.

So some people still have the disposable income floating around even with the cost of living hikes. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

15 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

You would have suspected so wouldn't you. Just hope that it won't turn football into some sort of elitist event.

Was at the T20 at Trent Bridge last week paid 70 quid for a ticket, place was sold out months ago, 23 quid for 4 beers, bars were rammed.

So some people still have the disposable income floating around even with the cost of living hikes. 

Should have gone to Bradford,£10 to get in £1.99 a pint in Wetherspoon.