Attendance next season

NottmRAM

8 hours ago, CaptainOx said:

For the opening day, just over 2200 of our initial 2300 had been sold at 10:30 this morning. General sale opened today.

Edit - just been given 793 more. 

Great support. Hope you don't enjoy the day too much though! 

21 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

Are the season tickets not taken up still going on sale on the 29th? Just waiting to see if i can nab a ticket in the south stand for the first game of the season?

On the ST FAQs, it states the reservation period expires on 29th.  Not sure if that's at the start of the day, or the end.  I suspect (rightly or wrongly) it will be the latter, and that they will go on general sale from the morning of the 30th... match day.  Again, no idea whether that will be 00.01am, 10am, or any other time?  ?‍♂️

Key Dates

6th July – 22/23 Season Tickets on sale

29th July – 2021/22 Season Ticket holders seat reservations expire

30th September – Season Tickets off sale

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/202223-season-ticket-faqs

On 18/07/2022 at 20:50, Millenniumram said:

Oh of course, without doubt - it’s sad, but people should absolutely prioritise more important things than football. I definitely shouldn’t have just spent £450 on a season ticket when I live in London, for example! 

Numbers will be down division wide because of that however, so I hope our attendances remain big relative to the rest of the league.

The attendances should be big compared with the other clubs in League One, only Sheff Weds have a bigger stadium. But I do believe Ipswich have sold nearly 16,500 season tickets and Plymouth Argyle have sold just over 7,500.

1 hour ago, plymouthram said:

The attendances should be big compared with the other clubs in League One, only Sheff Weds have a bigger stadium. But I do believe Ipswich have sold nearly 16,500 season tickets and Plymouth Argyle have sold just over 7,500.

There are other big clubs in this league who will have big attendances too - we just need to make sure we’re bettering them all, to show we’re the biggest!

On 23/07/2022 at 10:15, Millenniumram said:

There are other big clubs in this league who will have big attendances too - we just need to make sure we’re bettering them all, to show we’re the biggest!

Yes besides Wednesday, Ipswich and Plymouth that I stated you've got Bolton who's ground holds 28,723 and last seasons average home attendance was 16,104. Charlton hold 27,111 and had an average of 15,592. Barnsley hold 23,287, had average of 12,784 admittedly they were relegated. Portsmouth hold 17,500 and averaged 14,444 whilst our first opponents Oxford hold 12,500 and averaged 8,463.

Last season, also under a relegated season the Rams averaged 23,010. We do have the 2nd largest stadium in this division with only Sheffield Wednesday's ground bigger at 39,752. If we start off well and continue through the season to remain in contention for a promotion spot I can see us being the best supported team in League one.   COYR

11 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Yes besides Wednesday, Ipswich and Plymouth that I stated you've got Bolton who's ground holds 28,723 and last seasons average home attendance was 16,104. Charlton hold 27,111 and had an average of 15,592. Barnsley hold 23,287, had average of 12,784 admittedly they were relegated. Portsmouth hold 17,500 and averaged 14,444 whilst our first opponents Oxford hold 12,500 and averaged 8,463.

Last season, also under a relegated season the Rams averaged 23,010. We do have the 2nd largest stadium in this division with only Sheffield Wednesday's ground bigger at 39,752. If we start off well and continue through the season to remain in contention for a promotion spot I can see us being the best supported team in League one.   COYR

Just shows you how many big clubs there are down in League One now. It’s no longer just no mark clubs with tiny grounds (though there do remain some of course) as people might imagine - there are clubs with real history and a lot of support down there. That’s why it’s not an easy League to get out of, and why it’s going to be a tough old fight next year.

We can still be the biggest and the best of them all though, if everyone does their part. So long as the players do their job on the pitch, in terms of challenging for promotion, then the fans will do theirs off the pitch. We will fill most of the ground week in, week out, if we’re winning most games. That’s the way it always works.

• 2 weeks later...

The EFL opening day weekend saw the biggest attendance in the Championship, with 40,851 at the Stadium of Light for the visit of Coventry City. But the next three biggest crowds were in League One, with 31,053 to see the Mighty Derby, 26,901 at Hillsborough and 26,688 at Portman Road. Only after that came bastid Gibson's Boro' with 26,567 for the visit of West Brom. 

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2022/08/derbys-bumper-opening-day-ground-helps-efl-hit-high-opening-day-numbers

On 19/07/2022 at 11:38, DerbyRevolution said:

I suspect fans (that predict 20k STHs/32000 opening day) will be in for a shock once the fri 29th deadline drops and the non renewed STs become available. 

By that date my guess will be 14000 STHs

Opening day if Oxford sell out their 2k I reckon 24,000 in attendance.

Does anyone know if unused STs are counted in the attendance as it's a purchased ticket? Our 3 will be unused v Oxford  

That didn't turn out to be very accurate.?

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

The EFL opening day weekend saw the biggest attendance in the Championship, with 40,851 at the Stadium of Light for the visit of Coventry City. But the next three biggest crowds were in League One, with 31,053 to see the Mighty Derby, 26,901 at Hillsborough and 26,688 at Portman Road. Only after that came bastid Gibson's Boro' with 26,567 for the visit of West Brom. 

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2022/08/derbys-bumper-opening-day-ground-helps-efl-hit-high-opening-day-numbers

And the EFL mentioned to write an article on it without mentioning us once! 

28 minutes ago, angieram said:

And the EFL mentioned to write an article on it without mentioning us once! 

Is there not a danger that some of us are developing a bit of a persecution complex when it comes to the EFL?

The only EFL article I saw only specifically mentioned one game (Sunderland v Coventry) but they did list the biggest crowds in all three leagues including Derby of course.

34 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Is there not a danger that some of us are developing a bit of a persecution complex when it comes to the EFL?

The only EFL article I saw only specifically mentioned one game (Sunderland v Coventry) but they did list the biggest crowds in all three leagues including Derby of course.

Spot on

• 8 months later...

I thought I'd bump this, as we were talking about attendances before the season started.

Most people under-estimating where we would be, both in terms of attendances and season-ticket sales. You can see who our resident pessimists are! 

(Sorry for some of us derailing it with cricket talk! 🏏)

But we've done so well, better than even B4 predicted! 

22 minutes ago, angieram said:

I thought I'd bump this, as we were talking about attendances before the season started.

Most people under-estimating where we would be, both in terms of attendances and season-ticket sales. You can see who our resident pessimists are! 

Was it over 20k season tickets with half ones? And over 27k average?

46 minutes ago, angieram said:

Careful. Attendance debates border on Willy waving @angieram 😂

One thing most of us knew, we are a football city, county, with a far reaching support, this club will always have a solid fan base. Can’t wait for the atmosphere and game today myself; exciting isn’t it.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Amusing to see all those ridiculing B4 for saying that we would average over 25k. Having said that nobody, not even B4 would have predicted an average in excess of 27k, only beaten by Sunderland and Sheff Utd outside the Premier.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Some people were very pessimistic about the likely size of our attendances......

Screenshot_20230116-203051-01.thumb.jpeg.4ffd54589e0d6b938004f65f702c34d7.jpeg

1 hour ago, Zag zig said:

Careful. Attendance debates border on Willy waving @angieram 😂

One thing most of us knew, we are a football city, county, with a far reaching support, this club will always have a solid fan base. Can’t wait for the atmosphere and game today myself; exciting isn’t it.

I'm not comparing us with anyone. This is about us. WE are Derby.