Attendance next season

NottmRAM

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

Amusing to see all those ridiculing B4 for saying that we would average over 25k. Having said that nobody, not even B4 would have predicted an average in excess of 27k, only beaten by Sunderland and Sheff Utd outside the Premier.

Infact, we have had the 19th highest average attendance in the entire English football pyramid.

If only the divisions were sorted out on average crowds, we'd be in the Premier League 😀😀.....just.

It will be interesting to see what teams get relegated from the Premier League this year, and what impact relegation will have on their crowds.

Three from Southampton, Everton, Forest, Leicester and Leeds will likely be relegated. All have a bigger average home attendance than us this year.

Has there ever been a season before when so many well supported clubs will be relegated? The Championship will certainly be interesting next year, and probably the best supported in terms of fans it has ever been.

1 hour ago, Addingham Ram said:

Infact, we have had the 19th highest average attendance in the entire English football pyramid.

If only the divisions were sorted out on average crowds, we'd be in the Premier League 😀😀.....just.

It will be interesting to see what teams get relegated from the Premier League this year, and what impact relegation will have on their crowds.

Three from Southampton, Everton, Forest, Leicester and Leeds will likely be relegated. All have a bigger average home attendance than us this year.

Has there ever been a season before when so many well supported clubs will be relegated? The Championship will certainly be interesting next year, and probably the best supported in terms of fans it has ever been.

I'm rightly proud of our attendances but when seeing how we rank compared to teams above us you have to remember that some have much smaller capacities. 

5 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I'm rightly proud of our attendances but when seeing how we rank compared to teams above us you have to remember that some have much smaller capacities. 

Attendances are important in League One. But Brentford’s new ground only holds 17k and Bournemouth 11k. They rake in over £100 mill every year and a £120 mill if they come down. Man Utd have 750 million fans worldwide . TV runs football and it will take more control in years to come.

13 minutes ago, Oldben said:

How big are the grounds of Wigan, Reading and Blackpool who we might be playing next season. They would most likely have stronger teams than ours

Have you heard of Google? 😀

Wigan just over 25,000

Reading just over 24,000

Blackpool just over 16,000

8 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Thanks for the info.

How about team strength, I'm assuming they are stronger than derby, that they will all have access to a transfer budget 

How would you assess team strength? Presumably many teams in league one that have finished below us have had access to transfer money so it’s not just a question of how much you have available to spend but also how attractive a prospect you are (in particular to free transfers and loans) and how much you can offer in terms of wages. Don’t Wigan and Reading already have some financial challenges and with their average gates, I doubt any of these three will have a significant budget for salaries.

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

Thanks for the info.

How about team strength, I'm assuming they are stronger than derby, that they will all have access to a transfer budget 

Both Wigan and Reading have had points deducted this season, so you would think that they should be under some kind of transfer embargo next season.

6 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

I wish we could do better than all of B4's predictions.

I think to achieve that, we'd need to win the Milky Way Champions of Champions Plyraneum Trophy by 2027.

That's a tall order granted, but hey, if we get behind the lads, and maybe suck some balls in the South Stand...    

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I think to achieve that, we'd need to win the Milky Way Champions of Champions Plyraneum Trophy by 2027.

That's a tall order granted, but hey, if we get behind the lads, and maybe suck some balls in the South Stand...    

I don't recall B4 predicting that, Mucker 😲

22 hours ago, Addingham Ram said:

And none of the London clubs with lesser attendances are in danger of the drop. No levelling up going on in football