Ali Koiki - Signed for Northampton

Arsene Titman

16 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

But you said we were working with Northampton to sort out a deal.

Does this mean your “source” is any random thing said on Twitter?

I said there's serious interest and they're working with NTFC for a deal. Someone has spoken to his agent 

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

Their local journo has denied that fake Hannah account

How come there's talk of a fee, is it compensation? I thought he was out of contract according to Wiki?

"On 22 October 2020 he joined League One side Bristol Rovers. Koiki made his debut for the club on 3 November 2020, coming off of the bench in the 65' minute of a 2-0 defeat to Peterborough United and made his full debut that weekend in an FA Cup victory over Walsall.[13] Koiki scored his first professional goal with the opener in a 2–1 EFL Trophy victory over Leyton Orient on 8 December 2020. At the end of the season it was announced that Koiki would not be having his contract renewed and would leave the club after just a year.

Northampton Town[edit]

On 23 July 2021, Koiki joined recently relegated League Two side Northampton Town on a one-year contract after impressing on trial."

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

How come there's talk of a fee, is it compensation? I thought he was out of contract according to Wiki?

"On 22 October 2020 he joined League One side Bristol Rovers. Koiki made his debut for the club on 3 November 2020, coming off of the bench in the 65' minute of a 2-0 defeat to Peterborough United and made his full debut that weekend in an FA Cup victory over Walsall.[13] Koiki scored his first professional goal with the opener in a 2–1 EFL Trophy victory over Leyton Orient on 8 December 2020. At the end of the season it was announced that Koiki would not be having his contract renewed and would leave the club after just a year.

Northampton Town[edit]

On 23 July 2021, Koiki joined recently relegated League Two side Northampton Town on a one-year contract after impressing on trial."

Season extension in February:

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2022/february/ali_koiki/

Edited by I DONT MIND

Quotes from Rosenior in the following article say we can’t pay fees, so perhaps there’s no truth to this link OR there’s some sort of workaround being found? ? 

"You've got to get the balance right in every squad and the demographic of it is really important," he said. "But also where we are at is that we are still under restriction in terms of that we can't do fees for players.

Normally to pay for a player, they'll be between 22 and 28. Free agents are normally in that age bracket, but where we are lucky is that we have outstanding young players here already.”

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/derby-county-transfers-liam-rosenior-7346631

“Derby have had to operate in the free transfer market because the business plan agreed with the Football League as part of Clowes' takeover dictates they can not pay fees for players.”

I imagine the EFL were quite pleased with themselves when they agreed this. I highly suspect that the squad they envisaged we’d put together is nothing like the one we actually have. Haha unlucky bell-ends.

Also, if we can’t pay fees then I’d put the blockers on letting anyone go as well. May as well keep our assets if we can’t reinvest any incoming fees.

Edited by StaffsRam

8 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

“Derby have had to operate in the free transfer market because the business plan agreed with the Football League as part of Clowes' takeover dictates they can not pay fees for players.”

I imagine the EFL were quite pleased with themselves when they agreed this. I highly suspect that the squad they envisaged we’d put together is nothing like the one we actually have. Haha unlucky bell-ends.

Also, if we can’t pay fees then I’d put the blockers on letting anyone go as well. May as well keep our assets if we can’t reinvest any incoming fees.

Where is that quote from?

Wigan paid a fee for a player the season they came out of administration so it would be pretty piss poor (albeit completely unsurprising) for one team to have a different set of restrictions than another.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Wigan paid a fee for a player the season they came out of administration so it would be pretty piss poor (albeit completely unsurprising) for one team to have a different set of restrictions than another.

Maybe we can buy but only with a set % of incoming fees, which would make sense

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Wouldn't surprise me if the EFL are yet again making stuff up as they go along. Wigan must have signed at least 5 players who all cost transfer fees within the 12 months following them coming out of administration, but the EFL won't allow us to spend a penny ... Yep, sounds about right ?‍♂️

None of our signings are FREE!! Instead of paying another club for them we are paying each player a personal signing on fee,enough in some cases to cover the cost of them cancelling their contacts with their current clubs.FREE my @£&e.Surely we have seen in the last nine months that players and their agents get their money!! being football creditors.