Liam Rosenior

Very disappointed with tonight and a few bad calls from him recently but any calls for Rosnenior’s head are reactionary. That was really embarrassing to watch the Lincoln fans taking the piss but don’t be daft.

And before anyone says anything, it’s none of the ‘oh we barely had a football club a few months ago, why can’t you just be happy?!’

No, it’s because we’re less than ten games into the season with a brand new squad and a first time manager!

Anyone with half a brain knew it was going to be a tough start to the season with a team still gelling and Rosenior still figuring out his best XI

I also want everyone on here overreacting to remember what every bloody fan of Portsmouth, Sunderland, Ipswich etc said to us about coming down the league one; there are games where you get embarrassed in a Lincoln/Plymouth’s cup final and it’s f****** horrible.

A few people have tricked themselves into thinking that wouldn’t happen to us and are detached from the grim reality of League One

Tonight was pretty bad but I don’t think it’s any reason for Rosenior to go. The away form is a long-standing issue but we’ve been unlucky to not win our other away games.

Rosenior was also crucial in assembling this squad, they’ve come to play for him. I really don’t think after a mediocre start we should be getting rid of the manager, regardless of experience.

Couple wins and we’re back in it. Another 10 or so games of not scoring and then you start looking to see if we can do better than Rosenior. But he deserves a bit of faith and patience here, we will start converting soon.

Lose 2 games in a row and fans are calling for his head!!!!!!!!! Embarrassing. 

Oxford - played well, won.
Charlton - played well, loads of chances and incredibly unlucky not to score. Lost.
Barnsley - dominated 70 mins of the game(on an extremely hot day), won.
Shrewsbury - dominated and unlucky not to score. Drew.
Fleetwood - again, dominated and again unlucky not to score. Drew.
Peterborough - played meh, won.
Plymouth - played poorly, lost.
Lincoln - played poor, shafted by 3 poor decisions, lost.

Anyone calling for his head need to give their head a wobble. Stop expecting to go 46 games unbeaten and relax. We aren't going to win every game, this is every team in the league's biggest game. We haven't got the "best" squad in the league either, it's strong yes, but the squad depth is poor. RELAX.

Following the abject Lincoln defeat, Ed Dawes say to Liam Rosenior something like: that's no goals in 4 away games - do we have to change the way we play?

Rosenior's reply an emphatic no. Followed by something like: the system's working, we're creating lots of chances, but not taking them.

That's poor from Rosenior. Stubbornness is creeping in, when he needs to be flexible. I hope he reflects and realizes this is the wrong approach.

The ideas are stale. 

Pretty football, pass it round the back,TRY pass it round midfield and making your number 9 come Into the centre of midfield to hold up play and pass to the flanks. If the idea don’t work back to the keeper start again. We are league one, we are not Manchester City. 

IT DOES NOT WORK LIAM, THIS IS A STALE PHILOSOPHY YOU AND ROONEY HAVE PUSHED FOR YEARS 

10 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Who could we realistically bring in as manager?

Let's not forget that Rosenior isn't our manager. He's interim.

Which by definition means he's doing the job until we find someone else.

I think many forget this.....

As I recall,there weren't many tears shed when we relieved wassell of his first team interim role a few years ago...and we were doing well under him.

Why would we carry on with an interim manager when we are clearly struggling to put coherent performances together.

I really like the bloke but something's not clicking and gelling at all.

I doubt he will be in post for long.

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Rosenior's reply an emphatic no. Followed by something like: the system's working, we're creating lots of chances, but not taking them.

He's bang on. We are creating chances and we aren't putting them away. We have the 2nd highest xG in the league which proves we are creating chances, decent chances as well. Poor finishing is not Roseniors fault. 

18 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He's Clough Jnr MkII waiting for Mac1 to come in.

I echo this. It feels like someone could take this lot on and get them firing like Mac1 did in 2013. 

5 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

He's bang on. We are creating chances and we aren't putting them away. We have the 2nd highest xG in the league which proves we are creating chances, decent chances as well. Poor finishing is not Roseniors fault. 

It will be his fault if he continues to play the players missing the chances..... at some point you need to look to change it, the system or the players. The big decision is how long do you give it before making the change?

6 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Agree. I wouldn’t say our style of play is wrong. Some of the personnel are wrong. We need more energy in midfield, Hourihane and Bird aren’t right together. If he can find a way to fix this I think we’ll be much better. Tonight wasn’t about systems or styles of play - the players were poor, the intensity was poor, the passes were sloppy. Basics.

We should be winning every game in this tin pot League by at least five or six. Heck, we should be promoted by now.

I want it and I want it NOW!!!

FFS this season was always going to be about consolidation, perhaps with a chance of the play offs.

What our club really needs, more than anything, is a period of stability.

Not sacking the manager after losing just two games in a row. Sheesh! The twitterati, eh.

6 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

I agree with the posts about keeping some perspective (at least until the morning!) and I'm pretty sure at least NML's chance was onside... possibly Collins too. And yes, the Fleetwood game and really the Charlton game too should have resulted in Derby goals and probably wins.

But... other than Barkhuizen's easy chance today, and if we assume the "goals" were correctly ruled offside, I'm struggling to recall the (decent) chances we made tonight. (Genuinely, please remind me of any others - I might have forgotten due to the shock of how bad we got in the last 20 minutes!)

Carl Sagan's point was, I think, that LR could at least hint at the need to reappraise the situation, if indeed he was as dismissive of the suggestion as claimed (I haven't heard the interview). Personally I think it is the occasional spark of above-average quality that is making our chances (when it comes off) rather than a well-oiled system that keeps producing chances. The big diagonal sweep has about a 50% success record; we turn over possession as often as not.

But it's not just about saying we don't need new tactics. Teams have shown they're going to be up for it against us, and Lincoln gave the best example of that so far. We didn't match their work-rate. Down to the players? Yes, but some coaches wouldn't stand for it. Will Rosenior be one of them?

12 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

I would suggest the opposition this season have looked significantly more dangerous with their 40% of the ball than we have with our 60% of it. Hence we have a minus goal difference. I don't think out setup leads to creating good chances; we only ever seem to have half chances. And by insisting on playing out from the back regardless, we give our opponents a large number of good chances.

14 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

It's Liam Rosenior's fault for not bringing in the right striker and not getting a right back in so Knight can play in midfield give us some speed and strength and create more chances for others. Get Knight in midfield and that will make the team stronger.